v. flip the script

After a whole weekend of convincing Demetri to join Cobra Kai, Molly, Eli, and Demetri were finally going

Eli was going to get dropped off at Mollys house where the two of them would then walk to the dojo since Molly lived so close to it while Demetri met them there.

Molly and Eli were almost done with their walk to the dojo when Eli asked Molly what he should expect from her neighbor. Molly cringed at the question. Johnny Lawrence was... something.

"I have to warn you about this dude though. He's... insensitive to say the least." Molly explained, cringing at her own words as she thought of the handful of comments she could remember Johnny saying about anybody. "He still is in the 80s mindset."

Eli's brows furrowed. He looked up at Molly with a confused look. "What does that mean?" He asked. Molly sighed and looked ahead of her. "Well, considering he makes fun of my Star Wars pajama pants, I'm worried for Demetri because that boy is probably gonna wear a some sort of math shirt." Molly started and Eli chuckled.

Molly clenched her jaw, scared to say her next set of words, but she knew she had to. "And he might make fun of your lip."

Eli's smile faded almost instantly. He blinked a couple times before he looked down at the ground. "Oh..." He muttered. Molly started to feel guilty, but she knew it would be better to warn him. "I just wanted to war—" "Warn me. I know." Eli interrupted. He looked up at Molly and gave her a reassuring smile. "You let me know, so now I can expect it. But if he does make fun of my lip, you can't defend me."

Molly was visibly taken aback by his words. "Wait what?" She asked, blinking crazily. Eli sighed. He looked down the road ahead of them and grabbed Molly's hand. "If this guy is anything like he says he is, he'll only pick on me more if a girl stands up for me. I'll look weaker to him." He explained and Molly had to admit, Eli was right.

He looked back up at Molly and gave her a pleading look. "So you have to promise me that no matter what he says to me, you won't defend me."

"Eli..." Molly started, biting her lip nervously. Eli stopped walking just as they reached the edge of the strip mall and since his hands were holding Molly's she stopped too. "Please, Moll." Eli begged quietly. He squeezed Molly's hands tighter.

Molly struggled looking Eli in the eye, knowing if she did, she'd immediately cave in. Ultimately, Molly did look into Eli's eyes and she sighed. "I promise." She muttered and Eli smiled.

He leaned up and gave Molly a quick kiss. As soon as it started, it ended and Eli started running the rest of the way to the dojo. When they walked inside, Mollys jaw dropped at how crowded it was. She knew Miguel's fight with Kyler would influence kids to join, but not this many.

Demetri turned his head at the sound of the front door bell ringing, indicating someone walked in. When he saw his friends, he smiled and ran up to them. "There you two are!"