iii. how to dance

"Cyberbullying is no laughing matter

"Cyberbullying is no laughing matter. Sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face. I'm not gonna name names, but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity." Counselor Blatt announced throughout the cafeteria during lunch, doing a very poor job of keeping Eli anonymous.

"The kid right there!"

"The kid with the weird lip."

Molly clenched her fists at the whispers around their table, her nails almost breaking skin. Miguel looked at Molly and gulped at how angry she looked. He cleared his throat, catching Eli's attention. He turned Miguel, his eyes falling on his girlfriend in the process since she was seated in between them. Eli slowly reached for Mollys lap to grabbed one of her hands, moving her fingers so he could hold her hand.

Molly took a deep breath when Eli squeezed her hand. She unclenched her other fist and visibly calmed. Miguel turned to Eli, who was still visibly upset by the announcement and the whispers. "You know, if you're sick of getting bullied, my karate dojo's looking for recruits." Miguel offered and Mollys anger washed away completely. In fact, it took everything in Molly not to laugh at his words. She wouldn't want to know what would happen if Johnny ever met Eli and Demetri.

Demetri thought Miguel's offer was as funny as Molly did, letting out his laugh instead of holding it in. Demetri turned to Eli, hitting his shoulder playfully. "Yeah, right, you hear that, Eli? A little karate training and you're gonna kick some major ass."

Molly sighed at Demetri comment. She wasn't laughing at the thought of Demetri and Eli joining karate, just their interaction with her neighbor. Miguel rolled his eyes, shaking his head at Demetri's sarcasm. "I'm serious, Demetri, all right? My sensei's the real deal, and I'm sure I could get you all discounts."

Molly turned her head to Miguel with a small smile, part of her laugh finally escaping her lips. "I think getting yelled at by Johnny at home is enough. I don't want to pay him to yell at me." Molly chuckled out. Miguel's hopeful smile fell as he glared at the girl, swiftly kicking his leg out and hitting her shin.

Molly yelped at the pain, making Miguel smirk and Eli look over at her. "Are you okay?" He asked and Molly nodded her head as she rubbed her shin to soothe the pain. "Yeah, I'm okay." Molly reassured.

"As enticing as that sounds, I think I'm gonna have to agree with Molly. We'd rather spend our afternoons playing Crucible Control than getting hit in the face." Demetri said and Molly turned to Miguel, shaking her head and mouthing "not we. them."

Miguel chuckled at the action, squinting his eyes playfully and nodding his head, silently saying he understood her.

...

Molly loved doing her makeup.

On an everyday basis, Molly didn't do too much makeup. She tried to make it look as natural as possible. But on Halloween, Molly loved doing her makeup all out.