xiii. drivers test

Molly sat at her kitchen island, finishing up her bowl of cereal while she waited for Johnny to come pick her up and take her to get her drivers license

She wasn't nervous. She had been practicing a lot with Johnny, her moms, and Miguel's mom so she was pretty confident. Her moms would've driven her to her test today, but their flight got delayed the day prior and they'd be landing later today.

A loud knock on Molly's front door made the girl get out of her seat and walk towards her sink.

"Wake the hell up, Preston! We got to get to the DMV!" Johnny yelled, still banging on the door as Molly put her dirty dishes in the sink. She walked to the door with a smile on her face.

She opened her door, Johnny immediately stopping once he saw Molly. "Holy shit, you're actually ready." He muttered and Molly huffed, walking out of her apartment and locking the door behind her.

"Are we going to Van Nuys or Winnetka?" Johnny asked as they walked down the stairs. "Winnetka. Van Nuys is always too crowded." Molly answered and Johnny hummed as a reply.

As they walked towards the parking lot, Molly's steps slowed. Her eyebrows knitted together and her lips pulled down into a frown. "Where's your car?" Molly asked, looking up at Johnny beside her once she didn't see his red Pontiac.

Johnny smirked. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a new set of Challenger keys. He clicked the keys and a loud beep from further down the parking lot made Molly turn her head.

Quickly, she walked down the road and her jaw dropped when she saw a black Challenger with the Cobra Kai logo all across it. An excited laugh left her lips as Johnny finally caught up to her.

"Holy shit!" She screamed. She turned to Johnny beside her, a big grin on his face as he nodded. "Badass, huh?"

Molly turned back tot he car, nodding her head slowly. "Uh huh." She answered. Johnny chuckled, tossing Molly the keys. "Sweet. Cause you're driving it to the DMV." Johnny said, walking towards the passenger door.

Molly's eyes widened, walking tot eh drivers door. "Really?" She asked and Johnny nodded.

As Johnny climbed into the car, Molly did a small little happy dance. It last a total of three seconds before she got into the car.

Johnny was extremely comfortable with Molly's driving. She didn't go to slow, but she didn't make him need to grab the "oh shit" handle.

The reason why Johnny was uncomfortable in the car with Molly now was the fact that Miguel had ranted to him the night prior that Molly had been hanging out with Robby Keene and after his advice to her about "getting Hawk back" he was worried Molly was going to use Robby to do that.

Johnny nervously cleared his throat as Molly drove. He turned to Molly and tilted his head. "Diaz has been telling me that you're friends with Robby Keene now. When did that happen?"