7 ⚔️ Library

"So why don't we use guns to kill them?"

"Because a special metal is required to kill the dragons. So we can't afford to make bullets out of them. So we make medieval weapons. We are also given high-tech watches to identify dragons in the surroundings. And the glasses do the same but in 3D"

"Alright," Diato said, "I got it"

"Now, let me show you your room" John softly thrust his palm against the metal table.

Diato looked at his wristwatch and realised that it had been an hour, and he had already finished his tasty ice cream mix. Diato found himself following Max again, staring at the back of his blonde hair, he realised, that he now had to live at the organization. It wasn't like he was going to miss his home. It wasn't fun at home either. He recalled, that the moment he heard about the Drayers Organization, He decided that he'd become a great and well-known Dragon Slayer, or say: Drayer.

In no time, they were at the door of Diato's room. He read the room number: B-201. Max's white fingers curled around the door knob. He twisted it open. A slight push and the door pushed itself open with a long screech followed by a crash at the wall behind the door. Max's fingers reached for the switch on the right. As he turned on the switch, he slid himself aside for Diato to have a clear look at his room.

"Have a good one" Max said before he left.

Diato shut the dark brown wooden door behind his back. He looked around inside the room. It wasn't too fancy but it wasn't too old school either. There was a single bed in a corner. A window with a purple-tinted glass. There was a wooden table on the opposite corner of the bed. The table had two drawers and a cabinet. Speaking of cabinets, a cabinet was just in the opposite corner of the door. The door beside the table opposite the bed in the adjacent corner of the cabinet led to a washroom. The washroom had a standard toilet and a shower with a bucket and a tumbler. Of course, there isn't a bathtub. He thought.

He threw his bags on the floor and leapt on the bed. He slept under the purple moonlight that fell on his chest through the window glass. He knew that the people outside couldn't see him. They'd see their reflection, while he could see them, so he didn't feel the necessity to close the curtains. The thought of doing a mission the next morning, meeting a new and better, probably attractive team member: kept him awake. But he still managed to fall asleep, after throwing his T-shirt, jeans, and underwear on his bag. He was used to sleeping naked. He made sure he locked his door before he slept. He didn't want people staring at him at night when he might have thrown his blanket off himself. He pulled the white blanket to cover himself.

=====

Diato went to a busy town street. Churchill hood. He roamed around in a black suit with a white shirt. He was wearing those specialized glasses and watches. As he sneaked past a dragon, he secretly stabbed him. He looked like a normal human except for his ears. They stood out and it helped Diato spot them.

But little did Diato know, he was about to be in danger. The dragon didn't hesitate to transform into a dragon. His shirt tore apart from his back as wings popped out and his pointy tail put a hole in the pants. His fingers seemed to seamlessly mix into his nails. The crowd around them started screaming, and everyone ran away from the dragon: terrified. Diato knew he had made a big mistake by missing the chance to kill him in one go.

Diato stood there, as he heard Max curse and swear on the Bluetooth communication device.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Diato! It was your first fucking mission and you fucking messed it up! You Cock Sucker, normal people are not supposed to see the Dragon! How will we erase the memories of this many people? Why do you think the organization is a secret? We don't want the military or police included in dragon hunting!"

"Ayo Chill... " Diato spoke as he found himself face to face with the dragon and all the other people tan away. An empty city street with just a Dragon and Diato."I get it. I shouldn't have messed it up but I can't change the past" Diato pulled out his metal club, ready to fight the beast that swore to destroy him.

The dragon exhaled his powerful dragon breath. But Diato was prepared, He rolled beside the dragon and dodged the breath. He threw the club at the dragon's left wing. The club's spike tore through the skin of the dragon's wing. As blood spattered like molten lava, The Dragon roared in pain and turned to Diato to shoot another Fire breath. Diato did not see it coming.

The flame reached Diato. He felt his chest inflating off heat, and his skin burning on the fire. Before he could do anything, he found himself lying on the ground, with fire burning his clothes and his skin. He felt the head go through his skin inside his lungs. This mission was way harder than the final selection.

=====

His eyes grew wide as he stared at the ceiling. He threw off his blanket. There was too much heat for him. His chest was still feeling the dragon's heat. He touched his chest. He was unharmed. Was it all just a dream? Am I going to fail my first mission? Oh, thank god it was all a dream! He thought. He tried to forget his lucid nightmare as he went through his daily routine; wore a grey T-shirt, jeans, and a watch in both of his hands. The other one was a backup watch: just in case the first one stopped, he wouldn't be able to not see the correct time. Then, It was the hardest part of his routine: DOORS.

He whirled his white fingers around the metal knob of the wooden door. He twisted it. As he pushed the door, something very much expected happened. It didn't open. He pushed harder. The door seemed to have become a non-Newtonian fluid. The door resisted no matter how hard Diato pushed. He was a little short-tempered about doors. He wouldn't get easily angry on anything but doors.

"DOORS!" He shouted in pain,

He was now hitting his shoulder at the door. The door wouldn't budge. He finally gave up and let his body fall to the ground. As he slammed his butt on the ground, the door slowly slid itself open on the inside.

"I HAD TO PULL!?" He shouted again in pain.

He again got back on his legs and exited his room. Before I get lost in this building, I should memorize its map! The map would be in the library. He thought. He dashed through the hallway. He reached the cafeteria. There were no doors in the cafeteria except the toilet and that was a relief. The smell of Truffle oil and yoghurt reached his nostrils.

The smell changed simultaneously as he strolled beside more tables. The truffle oil's smell was taken over by the smell of a cake, then it was again overtaken by the smell of pasta. The change of smell continued till Diato reached the little shop.

"French fries with peri peri please," He spoke at the counter.

"Coming right up," The guy sitting on a chair at the counter said.

"And yeah," Diato spoke again, "Please Don't add anything or any sauce that has meat in it" He added, "I'm Vegetarian"

"Alright Sir Got it," The guy said as he went behind the door which separated the kitchen from the counter. It seemed like a mini restaurant by itself.

The guy later came back with a thin cardboard box with fries in it, with peri peri sprinkled on it. Diato handed that guy, the money, and said,

"Does the Organization have a Library?" Diato asked,

"Yes, it does" The guy at the counter replied, "take the seventh hallway and take one left turn and then two right turns. You'll find yourself at the library"

"Thank you sir" Diato left with his fries. He followed the man's instructions: the seventh hallway from the cafeteria; One Left turn; Two Right turns. The corridor itself wasn't any less than a maze itself. But with instructions, Diato could locate the library. Thankfully: the library doors were automatic glass doors.

Diato stood near the door, waiting for it to open automatically. He stood there for a while, but the door didn't seem to open. A woman was sitting at the table beside the door. She was the librarian.

"Sir, Why are you standing in the middle of the door?" She said, "Either come in or get out."

"No, I'm waiting for the Door to open," He said, without realising it.

"Sir, It's already open" She cringed at him a bit, "you're preventing it from closing by standing in the middle. You're letting the air conditioning air out."

"Oh, is that so?" He said with dumb guilt clear on his face.