15 ⚔️ Terra

"Didn't you go to the washroom?" Max raised an eyebrow

"I did, but then I saw her on the way back," John said.

"You managed to get a girl while returning from a fricking washroom!?" Diato said he was shocked.

"Shut up, Deleto, she's Terra" Max said as his lips curled into a smile. He glanced back at her, "Now I won't have to do all the mission work!"

"You're right" Terra started, "Hello everyone. And, respectfully - who the fuck is this guy?" She said as her eyes froze on Diato.

"He's Deleto" Max replied

"No, He's Diabeto!" John cut Max in between,

"I'M DIATO! Not Deleto, Not Diabeto, Not Despacito!" Diato said in a high voice.

"First of all, Keep your voice down" Terra ordered him, "second, You might be the new member right?" Her tone suddenly changed.

"Yeah, I'm the first qualifier," Diato said, with his chest inflating with pride, "and I am D-Ranked"

"Nice to meet you... Mr... " Terra spoke, with her voice hesitant, as she didn't remember what he just said his name was,

"Nice to meet you too, I am Diato, and I am an Orphan. I hate doors but I do love windows, And I am the first hindu Drayer. I am a strong supporter of veganism. It's not like I hate non-vegeterians but I-"

"Okay that's more than Enough..." Terra stopped him as she sat beside Max, "What was your name again?"

"Diato"

"Okay. Don't be offended but I don't think I'll be able to remember it so please don't get angry if I call you by another name" She said trying to sound polite.

"Yeah. I won't." Diato said trying to sound neutral. No one talked to me in such a nice manner, since childhood. The only one who did was the common orphanage guardian. But as I grew up, I realised that the man was just good at his job.

"I visited my house on the way back, and brought some clothes" She explained, "the mission was awesome and as Di - Dia - Diablo doesn't know, I had to stay at the Salt Flats for two whole weeks. I finally figured out that the dragon was a fisherman, so I eliminated him at night so that he wouldn't turn into a dragon and then I returned."

"That's good. But don't you think you took too long to figure out who the dragon is?" Diato asked as he didn't feel a bit offended when his name was not spoken correctly. And this was the first time.

"That's actually how A-Ranked Missions work. You have to figure out yourself who the dragon is. And this might even take days. The longest A-Ranked Mission was recorded at three hundred forty-two days, by Roman Ross. That's almost a Year" She explained, as she knew he didn't know how this all worked at higher ranks.

Diato nodded with interest. Terra's face lit up as she remembered something. She looked at Max, as a smile curled up her lips.

"Don't... " Max demanded as his lips curled up into a thin line like a slit.

"...How's Lailah?" She asked as he let out a slight laugh, "did you ask-" She was about to continue but Max cut her off,

"-I don't wanna talk about it in front of him" Max gestured at diato with his eyes.

"Why? 'Cause he's new?" She urged, "Well if you don't talk, I'll tell him everything... In Detail" She threatened him in a lighthearted way.

"No, okay don't tell him in detail," Max replied, his voice hesitant. "I'll tell him. I - I'll tell you first"

"What are you guys talking about? Is this about me?" Diato said, wondering if they'd found out about the seed.

"Don't worry, it's not about you." Max turned to Terra as he spoke, "And for you - Yes, I asked her. And she agreed. I can't tell much about what's going on in her mind."

Diato looked at them dumbly. He thought it must be about Lailah talking to her family inside the organization. Or because she misranked his mission. Although it wasn't her fault, they might blame her. Max seemed like the kind of person that would do it.

"Okay, That's enough, are you gonna tell me in detail or should I tell him in detail?" Terra demanded.

"Ayo chill... I just asked her if she wanted to go to the movies with me. She said she was afraid of the dark and barely went to the movies, and roller coaster would be a better idea... "

"... And you're afraid that only thing, am I right?" Terra spoke,

"Yeah. So I declined. Saying that they were kind of mid, and not fun enough. Because I have ridden many and they're not fun anymore. We finally agreed to go to a McDonald's, grab some meal, and eat it at the willow lake next weekend" Max explained.

"So you and Lailah are...?" Diato asked him confusingly,

"... Daitng" Terra finished the sentence, "they're dating. They're dating next week. Max has had a crush on her for a long time so I became her friend and we motivated him to ask her out. But this fool never did" She turned to Max, "you know, Max. Girls like me and her don't like it when you straight up say, come to date with me, or I love you, you have to let us catch up to your feelings and -"

"That's the third time you're saying that" Max pointed out, to shut her up. Diato had heard enough to blackmail Max. All the dots were now joining. That was why she was smiling while talking on the telephone. She was talking to Max! Diato thought.

"You know, Max." Diato started, "You should listen to Terra. She's a nice advice giver. Just like Timmy from my orphanage. She was a really good friend of mine until her brother started bullying me and a fight broke out between us. Then, she stopped talking to me. That made complete sense to me so I respected her behavior. Although, she didn't." He finished, as he ran out of breath. He started heavily breathing and quietly with his mouth afterwards.

"I know!" Max exclaimed as he was done hearing this all. He was acting like he had heard it more than a hundred times. "I understand what she's trying to say, I understand it all, and I'm ready to do it. I never declined it. I just postponed the idea to build up courage"

"Why do you need courage?" Terra cut him off, "Just act normal like you're her friend. Just like you act with me. It's that simple."

"When did I say it's not!? Are you here to bully me until I go out with her? Because to your kind information, I have already asked her out and she has agreed."

"That's why I'm happy. I was just explaining it again in front of Diato so that I don't have to tell him in Detail." She said, pressuring the word detail on her tongue.

"Yeah, Okay, Alright, Good, " Max said trying to change the topic, "how was your mission? Oh wait you already said that! Umm... What about Diato? Oh, he introduced himself to you. What about John? Oh, nothing about him."

"You're trynna change the topic, aren't ya?" John said. It was pretty clear Max didn't want to talk about her. No one knew the reason. Not even Max himself. Diato saw the way of her talking and the sudden change in Max's mood. Max was all grumpy and stuff until Terra came back. It felt like a little family sort of thing inside their team. Where Terra was in charge, like an elder sister or a mother. John was like the middle child, that everyone forgot existed because of his introverted personality. And Max was like that spoiled child who only listened to one person. And she was Terra. Diato didn't know what role he'd get. But right now, he felt like a pet. A pet that no one listened to but everyone somewhat cared about, not because it was a pet but because it couldn't care about itself.

"Diato... " John turned to him curiously. Diato wished he wouldn't ask about his first mission. "Share your experience about your first mission with us"