12 ⚔️ Inferno's Embrace

The dragon's wings strongly flapped in front of Diato - firing a strong swipe of the wind. Diato was tired, and he couldn't resist the flow of the air. Not because he was tired, but the force of the air was so strong that it seemed impossible to stay still. The dragon had intentionally shot an air blast at Diato with his wing. He got dragged behind. He fell on his back away from the Dragon. He knew he had to get up before the dragon took advantage of him lying on the ground.

The dragon fluttered its wings and flew near Diato. Diato finally caught his breath. He jumped back to his feet - ready to fight the dragon again with all his might. He lifted up his club, as he began to run. The dragon rotated his arm in a circular motion. Diato saw some orange particles shone from the dragon's hand. They slowly made a shape. The particles left behind from the fist formed a circle in front of him. The particles seemed to have come to life. They somehow knew exactly what to do. The particles looked like an unstable atom which vibrated the world around it. The particles seemed to tear the soft fabric of reality itself. Diato couldn't figure out what the dragon was doing but he knew he was not going to go empty handed without killing this dragon.

It was his First Mission after all...

He decided to keep sprinting towards the dragon as he was thrown at far distance from the dragon because of the wind attack by its wings. A portal opened - bending the fabric of reality - The dragon inserted his hand inside the portal. Diato saw an even bigger and even larger portal. A large hand popped out of the large portal on the ground right under the dragon. Diato finally reached the dragon but he had a problem... How'd he kill the dragon?

The dragon's hand popped out from the portal below him. Not just the portal but the hand itself was enlarged too. The hand swiftly caught Diato. Diato tried as hard as he could but he could do nothing. The grasp was too tight. He felt his lungs crushing under the hand's pressure and from the heat of the dragon. He slowly flew near Diato's ear and whispered.

"You might be mistaken brother... " He whispered as Diato stayed in his place like a stone statue. "I am not your average D-Ranked Dragon. Your attacks were too weak"

Diato finally glanced at the dragon with his head trembling,

"I'm a fucking S-Ranked Dragon!"

His eyes grew wide in shock. How did this happen? Why would Lailah do this to me? Is this a glitch? It can't be! How is this possible?! He thought, as he became stationary again like a statue.

The dragon threw his other hand behind his back to grab something, as he backed away a bit from Diato's ear, while still keeping a strong grasp on him. He pulled out his hand back, holding something really tiny with his forefinger and thumb. It seemed like a yellow grain of wheat. Diato glanced at the seed - trying his best not to move. He was thinking of playing dead but that wouldn't work as the dragon's grasp was too warm and he'd eventually burn to death. Moreover, he thought of insulting the dragon, Your breath stinks! But he knew he'd get hit by an actual dragon breath - which would again burn him to death.

He didn't know what to do. He decided to stay stationary and think of something to do. His stomach felt the heat coming from outside. His suit wasn't working. Shit! I think the suit's burning! Ah Fuck you sideways! He thought. He could feel the heat through his nerves and skin. John told him to not wear anything under the suit. He could feel the suit burning on his bare skin. He could smell the toxic fume of the suit burning in air, without releasing any smoke.

He was in pain but he couldn't shout out loud. The dragon would surely attack to shut him up. And he was already suffering from intense heat, tracing every inch of his bare skin. He didn't want more. The dragon hovered the seed in front of Diato's eyes. He could see the seed but he couldn't care less. He didn't care about a random seed while he was suffering through intense heat. He didn't know that the heat would be the least of his concerns after a while.

The dragon shoved the seed inside Diato's mouth, and pushed his jaw back up with his hand.

"Swallow it!" The dragon shrieked, "or else... "

"Okay! Je - Jeez" Diato said with his voice hesitant and the seed stuck between his teeth.

He swallowed his drool, but he wasn't a fool who'd eat something from a stranger. The seed was still stuck in his teeth, but he created an illusion that his swallowed it so that the dragon would let him go. He didn't know shit about that seed. But he didn't care as he was going to spit it anyways. I should get back to my bike as soon as I get released! I'd gain speed and maybe I'll be able to counter his high ground by making him miss his attacks because I'd be moving with high speeds on the ground. He thought.

The dragon was gullible enough to believe that Diato swallowed the seed. The dragon's goal was complete. He thought he had made a drayer swallow the inferno seed. The Unknown would be proud of me! The dragon thought as he found his lips curling into a smirk. He loosened his grip on Diato and slowly threw him on the ground as he pulled his hand back from the portal as it closed itself. It was easy to make Diato swallow the seed because he wasn't moving much.

Diato thought he'd be softly put on the ground but he was proven wrong. He smacked his butt on the ground. He felt the seed slipping from his teeth because of the fall. The seed slipped through his tongue all the way to his throat. Ahh What in the Door Demon World? He thought ragefully as he choked on the seed in his throat. Diato's heart skipped a beat as the seed slipped all the way down his stomach. He tried as hard as he could to spit it out while it was still in the throat but he failed.

He didn't know what to expect. Was it a poison? Was it a memory erasing seed? Is that going to grow a plant in my stomach? He was too scared to do anything to get it out now. He accepted his fate as he got back on his knees. He sat there gazing down at his hands. The dragon was too happy to not smile. He had done it. He had fed an Inferno Seed to a drayer. He'd now be eligible to become the clan leader's close protector.

The dragon touched his feet on the ground as his wings slowly shoved into his back. He fully transformed into a human. No one could tell he was a dragon now. Except the fact that he had pointed ears like an elf. And the fact that he was standing naked. But he wasn't a human. He didn't care about covering himself as he didn't feel any shame. Dragons never wore clothes in their dragon form anyways.

Diato glanced at his hands. They were slowly turning dark red. It must be my blood. Diato thought. His nails grew simultaneously. His nerves seemed to pop out of his skin. And it seemed like his nerves would explode any minute. But they didn't. His skin turned orangish red. His body suddenly felt warmer and warmer every second. The burning suit didn't burn Diato's skin anymore. Although it was still there on his skin - burning. But Diato couldn't feel the heat. The only heat he felt now was the heat within him. The seed must be a fire poison which would burn me from the inside he thought, I wish I could prove to Max and John that I was the best new Drayer. I wish I could open any one door without help. He knew he was going to die. But he didn't know how.

He felt something pop out near his butt. And I pooped myself... Probably. He thought. He didn't know that it wasn't his poop. It was a tail. He also felt something pop out of his back. His teeth felt suddenly like a vampire. The heat inside his body was now visible on his skin. His skin is glowing orange due to the heat inside of him. The Dragon gazed at Diato with concern as he saw Diato's ears changing its shape. Diato knew it was the end for him. He closed his eyes... Waiting for his Death... Waiting for the seed to burn him completely... Waiting for his fate.