CHAPTER 2: The Night Before Classes

WOOYOUNG
•••

After having my first shower and changing into comfortable clothes, I sat at my desk and scrolled mindlessly on my laptop while waiting for Yeosang to return. It was after five in the evening, and it wouldn't be long before I would hear the knock on my door.

My backpack was already prepared for all five of my classes, but I would only have to go attend three of the tomorrow: Biology, Chemistry, and English. Two of the three I was proficient at, but the last one was my struggle. English had always been the subject I absolutely loathed learning, and yet it was crucial for my career. In this day and age, teachers are required to not only teach primary school Korean, but also start to implement the basics of English within our daily lessons. So unfortunately, there was no escaping the class. Biology, Chemistry and English would be on Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's from nine in the morning until two in the afternoon. The other two classes, Art and Dance, would be on Tuesday's and Thursday's from noon to three in the afternoon.

Another goal of mine was to dye my hair black for a fresh start to the new school year. Being blonde was fun and had some benefits, but my favorite color to wear on my head was black.

Maybe Sangie can do it for me tonight...

Giggling to myself, I decided to start searching for part-time job openings that were near the school. Despite having some money given to me from Mother for small expenses such as food and other hygiene items, I only had a partial scholarship to cover books and room boarding for half the semester. My tuition and the rest of the boarding fees still needed money to cover the costs, so a job was definitely needed.

"Dog walker...no... Waiter...maybe... Retail associate?" I hummed, clicking on the link.

"Retail associate needed (Part-Time)!"
Must have:
• Prior Customer Service/Retail experience
• Be People Friendly
•Willing to Work Weekends
• At Least 18+ years of age or older

"This is perfect for me!" I grinned, quickly filling out the application eagerly. Once completing and submitting, I also went and filled out the application for the 'Waiter' position, not wanting to miss out on any opportunity that could come my way.

My stomach growled, making me realize that I hadn't eaten anything since last night. Other than my family, Yeosang is the only one person who knows about my eating disorder. It's improved since last year, but there are times where I would avoid food like the plague. Simply the sheer smell of food would make me nauseous, so I sometimes rather nibble on a granola bar than gorge myself on an actual meal just to satisfy my appetite.