CHAPTER 5: San's Moving Night before Class⚡️

(This is San's perspective on the Sunday before classes started...)

SAN
•••

"Let me see how the shoot came out, please. The rest of you can leave."

"Yes, Mr. Choi." Everyone but my editor and photographer bowed, signaling their dismissal from the studio.

I stood behind the editor and waited for him to pull up the photographer's finished capture of me. Today was supposed to be my official moving day into my new dorm room, but the photoshoot ran longer than anticipated and now, it was dark outside. As the new head of the company, I couldn't exactly disregard my new responsibilities, which included this particular shoot. This specific one was to solidify the new role, one that I unfortunately couldn't deny even if I wanted to.

Growing up a child without a mother and the only son to a somewhat tyrant of a father, things were already planned out for me since the day I was born. It wasn't until last month that I had a chance to have some control over my life, due to the sudden passing of said tyrant. Now alone, I chose the option of enrolling in an actual university while simultaneously running this modeling agency: Choi Industries.

"Here they are, sir."

I sighed. "Chan, you can drop the formalities now. No one is around."

"Yeah, I just like pissing you off. Technically, I'm your hyung but I don't like formalities either." He chuckled, moving away from the screen to allow me a clearer view. "I'd say these came out good enough."

"I'd hope so! My work never fails!" Hyunjin, my photographer, laughed. "It's not hard taking pictures of you anyway."

"Flattery will get you nowhere, Jin." I rolled my eyes playfully, nodding at the pictures in approval. "Alright, send them off to the board and call it night. I need to move in to my dorm before midnight."

Chan checked his watch and raised his eyebrow. "It's only after five? By the way, why do you want to live in the dorms? You have a whole mansion to yourself."

"Maybe because all my life I've lived in that forsaken house and I rather not be living in it alone?"

"Ah, right...sorry."

Hyunjin yawned. "I need to get to my dorm room too. My boyfriend is waiting for me."

Chan and I looked at him with smirks plastered on our faces. "Ooooo.... Felix."