CHAPTER 10: A Kindle of Warmth

SAN
•••

Scrolling on my phone while waiting for Wooyoung to finish up getting dressed, I tried finding the fastest route to the diner. It didn't take long to find one, seeing one that the route would only take 10 minutes total to reach.

"Done."

My eyes glanced up from the screen and grew wide as I noticed his new appearance. "Are you sure this interview is for a diner job?"

Rolling his eyes playfully, he glanced down at his watch and huffed. "Enough drooling, let's go. Time waits for no one."

Chuckling at his behavior, I opened the room door, gesturing for him to go first. "After you."

Wooyoung gave me a smile before stepping out first, waiting for me to lock our dorm securely before he made his way to the stairwell. All I could do was follow behind, smirking at the confidence radiating off of the male as he continued his way down the staircase. He continued walking toward the exit, taking a slight glances behind to make sure I was following.

Cute...

Once outside, I turned to him with skeptical eyes. "So...where exactly is your car?"

I smirked, raising his keys and pressing the car beeper. His eyes darted to the sound and a gasp escaped him at the sight of my vehicle. "There's my car. Let's go."

Taking the lead in guiding us toward the vehicle, with a swift motion, I opened the passenger door for him. "Here you go."

It didn't go unnoticed as I saw the faint blush on his cheeks, but he playfully covered it with a scoff. "My hands work, you know, but thanks."

"I know."

Shutting the door for him, I made my way to the driver side and gently stepping in before starting up the engine. However, I turned to him with a skeptical expression, glancing at the lack of security around his body.

Wooyoung raised an eyebrow curiously. "What? Why are you staring at me?"

Without words, I sighed and leaned over, pulling the seatbelt across his body and secured it. "Since your hands apparently work, please put on your seatbelt." I teased.

"Right." He murmured, clearing his throat with slight embarrassment. "Sorry."

Pulling out of the parking spot, I sped out of the campus grounds toward the Diner. Not only did I have my new person of interest inside my car, I had the privilege of bringing him to his interview. However, the deliberate act of reaching over to put his seatbelt on didn't help with my growing attraction, as his vanilla scent hit my nose directly while I did it. All in all, it took every ounce of self control to not pull him to my lips.