Chapter 3: Darkened Dreams

A few days later, on a ship headed for Tythe, Obi-Wan was once again taking the time to work with Luke on his lightsaber form. Anakin sat off to the side, arms crossed as he watched the two with an amused smirk. Obi-Wan observed everything, interjecting quite often to fix little technical problems he noticed, even down to how Luke held his saber and where he put his foot. Lucky for Luke, he had plenty of patience.

As Luke mirrored Obi-Wan's movements, being walked through the more advanced forms for Soresu, Obi-Wan paused yet again, grasping his wrist and firmly but gently fixing his stance. Luke couldn't keep a small sigh of frustration from escaping before he dispelled the feeling into the Force. Obi-Wan gave him a sympathetic look. "You'll get it, don't worry."

"I know," Luke admitted. "I just never realized just how many holes were in my training."

"Quite a few," Anakin said, standing up. "I'm glad we have the chance to refine your technique and such. Seeing as you're the future of the Jedi Order."

Luke caught an undertone in his father's voice that told him his father was still having a hard time accepting that Luke was the only Jedi in his time. Deciding to change the subject, his gaze fell to the lightsaber at Anakin's waist. "So what form do you use?" he asked curiously.

"Form V: Djem So," Anakin said smoothly.

Luke seemed to perk up a little bit as he recognized the style. "Could you teach me?" Luke asked curiously.

"I think it's a little too aggressive of a style for someone as timid as you, Luke," Anakin said easily.

Luke raised his eyebrows. "I've used a little Djem So. I found some information on it in The Temple Archives and I've actually been practicing it in my spare time. I actually like the style," he said defensively.

Anakin crossed his arms, raising his eyebrows as well while the two sized each other up for a moment. Obi-Wan, observing them, noticed that along with suffering similar limb-losses and having the same blonde hair and blue eyes, the two also had similar strong, stubborn wills and a commanding air about them. However, while Luke seemed to be more level-headed, Anakin tended to rush into things without a second thought. Where Luke was patient, Anakin was very impatient.

Finally, Anakin spoke. "I think you need to do some more of the basics with Obi-Wan before you start training Djem So with me. I've been considered a master of Djem So, and I don't think you're ready for that yet," he said simply.

"But will you, eventually?" Luke pressed, refusing to give up just yet.

"He is the only Jedi of his time, Anakin. Don't you want Djem So preserved?" Obi-Wan added.

Anakin gave a resigned sigh. "Fine. But seriously, you're going to learn more from Obi-Wan about the basics before you come to me," Anakin said.

Luke nodded his understanding. "Thank you!"

Anakin's expression softened a little and he smiled. "Sure thing."

********************************************************************************************

As Luke and Obi-Wan went back to the training, Anakin took his seat again, arms still crossed as he continued to watch. Luke was a quick learner. He was catching on to where his mistakes were, and was fast to correct them, allowing Obi-Wan to move forward at a steady, progressive rate. Anakin could also sense that Luke was strong in the Force-immensely strong. With the right training, he would become a very powerful Jedi. However, right now he was only at the beginning levels of a Knight, and reminded Anakin a lot of when he was younger. It would be a while before he hit his full potential, but it would be quite a sight when he did.