Chapter 13: Anger Issues

Luke raced through the Temple blindly until he was able to restore some semblance calm, not paying attention to where he was going. Eventually, he came to a stop in the hall he was currently in, leaning against the wall to gather himself as his breathing slowly evened out. Part of his reaction of flight had come from the painful memory he'd just relived, though the rest of it came from the panic of the revelation that Obi-Wan now knew. He knew Luke's full name, and it wouldn't be too hard to figure out who Luke's father was; not hard at all. Anakin was the only Jedi with the last name Skywalker. The secret was out, and Luke feared for his father.

We're not allowed attachments...

What would the Council do when they found out? Apparently Yoda hadn't said anything, because his father still hadn't been called into the Council to be expelled, but surely it wasn't something that they would choose to overlook if it was something they took so seriously.

Stop. Think. Your head isn't on straight, you're not thinking clearly, Luke, he thought to himself. He needed to clear his head and focus on the Force; he trusted it to guide him on what he should do about all of this. Perhaps he'd even reach Qui-Gon if he was lucky. Coming to a decision, Luke looked around for a place he would be left alone, wandering through the halls at a much slower pace this time until the halls once again started to look somewhat familiar. Eventually, he found himself in the Room of a Thousand Fountains; it looked so much more beautiful than his pitifully restored Room of a Thousand Fountains in his time. He made a mental note to restore everything in that temple once again to the state it was in during this time if he could manage it; perhaps even better in some cases. He sighed, walking over to one of the fountains and slowly taking a seat. He took deep breaths, calming himself down completely; he needed to think, to connect to the Force and figure out what he was going to do.

At long last, Luke felt his heartbeat slow and his breaths came easier. He cleared up his mind the best that he could, feeling the relaxing calm of the Force washing over him and fill him to the brim. He reached out, a little unsure of what he was doing, but still attempting it.

Qui-Gon, he timidly sent out into the Force. He didn't receive a response.

What happened to coming when I needed help, Luke thought to himself.

He was distracted when he felt a bright, strong presence coming towards him, and it took a moment for Luke to realize that it wasn't any Force Spirit approaching through the Force, but someone he knew well approaching back in reality. Slowly, he brought himself out of his trance, eyes opening to see the little green master he knew so well leaning on his gimmer stick in front of Luke.

Yoda made that strange laugh of his, soft and low in his throat. "Seem troubled you do, young Skywalker."

Luke's heart soared into his throat once again, but he dispelled his panic rapidly into the Force, calming himself down. "Master Yoda...how do you know?" he asked timidly.

"Take me for an old fool, you do?" Yoda asked.

"Of course not, Master! It's just, it seemed you knew almost immediately, and I was trying to figure out how..."

"Clear to me, it was. Through the Force, much can be learned."

"My father won't get in trouble, will he?" Luke asked quietly, weary of touching the subject already, but feeling he had to know.

"Hmm...meditate on the matter, I will. If it be the will of the Force, stay in the Order, Anakin will."

Luke let out a long sigh of relief; he knew that was the best answer he could hope for right now.