Chapter 11: Learning More About Anakin

"So your sister was adopted by the Organas?"

The three Skywalkers still sat at the table, though dinner had been finished long ago. So far, Luke had been the main topic all throughout dinner. He felt obliged to stay honest with his mother, so he had spent most of dinner explaining as much as he could to her, with Anakin filling in the few things he knew here and there as well. Inevitably, the time for questions had come, although Luke ended up declining some of them since he couldn't talk about those taboo subjects yet.

At Padmé's statement, he nodded and gave her a small smile.

"That's really nice. I know that they've wanted a baby girl for a very long time," Padmé said, returning the smile.

"Yeah, Leia enjoyed growing up with them. I just wish we could have grown up together, though I do understand why we were kept apart as well," Luke told her.

"Why do you think the two of you were kept apart?" Padmé inquired. The curiosity was dripping not only in her tone, but from Anakin's Force presence as well.

"For our own safety; because of who we are," he explained vaguely. "I can't say much else."

"I understand. It must be frustrating, not being able to talk about some of the things you know," Padmé said sympathetically.

"It is, although I'm sure the right time will come for me to talk about all of it."

"And I can't wait for that moment, because I feel there's a lot that you and I will have to discuss," Anakin told Luke, leaning forward as he spoke.

Luke smiled a little. Quite a lot, he thought to himself.

Padmé sighed. "Well, I think that's enough for tonight. We have plenty of time ahead of us to talk and get to know each other more. However, right now it's late, and I'm ready for bed," she declared as she stood up and made her way towards the bedroom. She gently placed a hand on Anakin's shoulder before she left the room. "I'll see you whenever you're done."

Anakin nodded, squeezing her hand affectionately before she pulled away, his eyes glued to her figure until she disappeared around the corner. He sighed softly and then turned his attention back to Luke. "We'll go back to the Temple tomorrow to start on your training, although I'm going to try and get Obi-Wan to teach you any meditation-related skills. It's not my strong point to say the least," Anakin said with a shake of his head.

Luke shrugged. "That's fine with me. If you feel I'll learn something better with someone else, just point the way," he chuckled.

Anakin rolled his eyes and they both stood, making their way back to the living room. "Why don't you get some sleep Luke? There's a spare room down that hallway, third door on the left." He gestured to the hallway on their right before jabbing a thumb to his left. "Padmé and I are in that room if you need anything," he said evenly.

Luke smiled and folded his arms over his chest. "All right." His gaze slid over to a balcony off to the side of the living room where his mother stood looking out over the city, and his smile softened. "Good night, Anakin. I'll see you in the morning," he told him as his gaze returned to his father.

Anakin nodded. "Good night, Luke." With that, Anakin turned and went to stand in the balcony door, watching his wife with admiration. Luke's smile grew at the sight of his parents once again before he silently slipped away, deciding to give his parents some privacy. He found his room with ease, and gladly slipped into the bed. It was the most comfortable bed he had slept in in a long time, which made sense seeing as most of the beds he slept on were cots, rigid bunk beds, or whatever he could find. He chuckled a little at the thought before he finally managed to drift to sleep.