Alive and well

Yall... Yall... I'm about to pull some bull shit in this chapter.

Warning. Crying I guess.

👀👀👀👀👀

Ladies and gentlemen.

Our gang of misfits had finally made it to Egypt.

It had been six weeks since the ship incident.

"Alright everyone, we know the drill. Out from your hiding places." Kars says to his biological/surrogate family.

Everyone groans and comes out of their hiding spots.

"Oh, hush. I was nice enough to let you all sleep in a little." He rolls his eyes.

The group had been sleeping in a makeshift tent during the day. Now they were only a few miles away from the white desert.

Lyra, Angel, Yuri, and Thana crawled out of the tent. "Mr dad. My sleep schedule is destroyed. You can't do this to a growing boy." Angel whines.

"You're a grown-ass man." Thana retorts

Santana, Wammu, and Esidisi were in another tent beside them. They all slowly come out as well, just as groggy as everyone else. "Five more minutes Kars." Esidisi yawns. "For the children."

"Mmhm. Look, take it like this. If we move now, you all can rest more and fix your sleep schedules, while I fix everything up. Sound fair?"

Yuri walks over to Kars and glares at him. "Others to the north. If we send our troops now, they'll die by winter." She says in a slur.

Kars looks at his daughter concerned. "Yeah, fine. five more minutes. You win." He says waving his arm and walking away.

"Victory." Santana whispers. before going into the tent.

The night went on and the gang had finally moved from point A to point B.

Kars stomped his foot and the ground beneath him sounded hollow. "It would seem, we're here..." Kars moved the rock that blocked the entrance. "Stay here for a moment." Kars says.

Kars goes in first and determines that everything seems safe.

Yuri and Lyra were assisted to the ground below.

Once everyone was inside they saw that a few torches were lit.

"As promised, I will handle important stuff while you all catch up on sleep. Try not to get lost." Kars flies off.

"Did anybody else think he seemed tense?" Lyra asks.

"His mother's tribe origin is here. He wasn't born when this place was abandoned so I can't say it has any sentimental value to him." Esidisi says.

There was an awkward silence.

"Let's go see what rooms we can claim." Angel says.

the group dispersed 

Thana followed Wamuu. 

"Heyyyy you~" Thana says to Wamuu. "How are you doing?"

"... Thana, we need to talk." Wamuu says sternly.

"Huh. I mean yeah ok. " they both stop in their tracks. Thana turns to him, giving him her undivided attention

"Thana. I'm aware of how you feel." Wammu breathed out.

"...Huh? " She could not believe what she was hearing. Did he finally understand? What did this mean for her?

"I figured as much, I just didn't want to jump to any conclusions."