Temple of the past

Thana POV

Wamuu and Santana carried the fish, while I carried the deer. I see now that I was in some type of castle. Out front was the dude with the white fluffy hair. "Where on earth have you three been?! Are you trying to get the girl killed!??"

"Hello scary man number three." I wave. When I'm in front the man, he pulls me into a tight hug. "W-what?"

"Do you know how worried I was?!"

"No-"

"I would be devastated if anything happened to you!"

"Weren't you mad at me for-"

"That doesn't matter right now!"

"Oh. Ok."

He then pinches the sides of my face. "Such a cute one she is, is she not?" He turns to Wamuu and Santana. Santana nods, and Wamuu is just confused.

"Um, thanks? I appreciate it I guess?"

Just then, we felt a gust if wind from behind us. I was put down while the three men stayed silent. "Kars. You're back." Scary man number three said. I turned my head and see it was indeed him. Yay...

"Esidisi. I would like to speak with her... Alone." He says looking directly at me.

"There is nothing we have to discuss." I glare at him. For a moment he looks hurt. He looks to Esidisi with pleading eyes.

Esidisi's looks like he understands what Kars is supposed to talk to me about. "Wamuu, Santana. Come with me. We will cook your food Thana." He reassures me, while taking the dead animal from me.

The three males walk off, Wamuu looking back in question. "Speak. What do you want?" I hiss.

"I want to know what happened." He began.

"What do you mean?"

"What happened to Reina?"

Rage filled me once again. "How dare you!?" I march up to him. "You don't deserve to even think about her, let alone say her name! You've lost the right to say her name!"

"Please. I will bother you no more if-"

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" I yell. It seems to catch Kars off guard. I breathe and compose myself. "I don't need to tell you anything. Just know it's your fault." I walk off. "I'll be ready to go wherever, when I'm done eating." I say as I walk away.

"I'm sorry." I hear him say.

I freeze. He's acting like he cares?! If he cared about guilt and shit, he would have been there and protected my mother. I walk forward again. Nothing he says coud make me forgive him. I hate him and nothing will change that.

Kars POV

My own child resents me. It honestly makes my chest ache, but I wasn't around. It's only natural that a child would resent their parent for that.

Vera had gone to where my men were. I could hear Esidisi laughing, Wamuu was yelling something and it sounded like he was impressed. I then heard the laughter of a female. It sounded just like her... The small things she had in common with her mother made me feel a little better.

I will get answers. Even if I have to get into her head. I can't have my child hate me and not know why.

This wasn't planned but while I look for the stone I'll form a bond with my daughter.

"Change of plans." I say joining the little circle that was formed. Santana's fish slowly falls out of his mouth. The group turns to me. Vera looks uninterested with what was going on around her as she stuffed a chunk of meat in her mouth. Wamuu sits his fish down and waits patiently, as does Esidisi. "We will make a detour. We are going home."