Just a memory

Thana POV

"You have grown fond of them, haven't you?" Kars says out of nowhere.

"What?"

"My men. You have grown fond of them, have you not?"

"...What about it?" They're cool I guess, but after my deal is off I'll leave them. I understand that I chose to be around people and it causes them to get hurt. I still hate Kars, but now I'm only mad at him for leaving my mom... Anyway I like Esidisi, Wamuu and Santana and I don't want to be the cause of their demise.

"Do you know what we are looking for?" I shook my head. I never actually asked. "The red stone of Aja."

"What is it?"

"A perfectly cut stone. The same stone that made me immortal."

"Why would you want to be immortal?"

"Why not?"

"Every one will die and you'll be here alone when the world ends."

"That's why I'm trying to find the stone. So all of us can be immortal. And we would have all the time in the universe to find out everything there is to know about everything." He became very passionate.

"What happens when you find all the answers? What will you do? When everything is gone and you know all then what? You won't have the knowledge of what is after death."

"Death is a risk. There could be nothing after death."

"But who knows? Call it a gamble. Being alive is a gamble, being born is a gamble, dying is a gamble. And if it's knowledge you want, maybe you could have found out what is after death or even what's before life. I know human brains are most likely not able to take that kind of knowledge, but maybe it's your blood in my veins that make me have that insane thirst for knowledge." I was also passionate about knowledge except I was fine with whatever was obtainable and wouldn't cause harm.

He smiled at me. "I'm not sure if they thirst for knowledge, but I know Santana just wants to see the sun."

"Surprised you know that." My tone turns dark. "He feels like you and Esidisi don't care about him." Kars flashes a guilty look and turns from me. "And I can relate." I unconsciously mumbled. Kars quickly turns his head to me. A surprised and saddend look. "I-i didn't say that!" My face heats up from embarrassment.

"G-give me a hug."

"What the fuck? no! I hate you!"

"Give your father a hug."

"GET THE FUCK AWAY YOU BITCH!" I yell flying away from him.

Esidisi POV.

"Kars. What's wrong?" I walk over to the male in the corner glaring at the wall.

"Sh-she called me a bitch. I'm a terrible father and a terrible guardian to Santana. He thinks we don't care about him."

I haven't seen Kars act like this in... Centuries. I don't even know how to help.

"I thought I was finally going to form a bond with my daughter..."

It was weird seeing Kars act like this. When he stops acting like that he'll complain about how pathetic he was later.

"I'll go talk to her and Santana."

Santana POV

...wͭ̋͑͗ͤ͐ͮhͪ̈́͏̰e͇̙̞͗ͤ̉̏̄̈́ṟ͉̘̬͈̰͒ė̺͖̲̗̳́ͅ ̰͙͇͙̮͓͖̐̉̆͂̾́ḁ̙͕̦̯̯͂̽̅R̲͍͎͛͑̿̅ͩͥͤ́E͔͇̪̳̝͈̤ͭ̈́͑ͦ͆̓̿͡ ̫ͪͮ̇̀̓Y̵̠͈̥̻͓͚ͅO͈̞̤U̞͓̲͎͙͖̓ͮͤͬ̈ͣͅ ̗̯͊ͩ̾̈́́G̉͆ͭ̿̍O̷̥͇͖͒ͩ͂͐̚d̶̻͉̊ͬ̊ͣ̃?͈͖͒̔ͨ͡ ̀́̔ͨ͑̒ͤ͏͔̙̖̱̱̪̰...