My precious son

❕Extra long chapter alert❗ I gotta fit this all in before the next chapter😣

Thana POV

I can't believe they were tiny... Or cute... OR CHUBBY! They look so squishy and not murderous at all.

As soon as Hawk and Nirva left Kars' room Hawk spoke. "You are a useless woman. Your negligence could have ended his life. You loose not only our child, but someone elses."

"I'm sorry, I was teaching the children and-" Nirva was interrupted.

"If you were a better teacher then a mother then, your eyes would have seen two leave. Not only that, you put dangerous ideas into their heads, telling them we were once in the sun? Would you honestly like to see their remains the next night after they've roasted in the sun!?"

"I tell them stories of our ancestors! That is my Job! My tribe and family is full of story tellers! Who do you think told us about the past? They have to know this! Even though we'll live to see generations and generations to come, that does not mean we will see all of them! Someone must educate the youth!"

"Nirva... You can do that WITHOUT PUTTING THEM IN DANGER!" Hawk raises his voice. "The souls lucky enough to be our kind our mighty but our lives are still fragile. Keep that in mind when speaking to children."

Hawk then left out of their home, leaving Nirva staring at the floor.

"I'm sorry." Nirva quickly turned around and saw Kars.

"No, you didn't do anything love." She reassured him.

"But I ran and I told Esidisi to come too. I'm sorry Mommy! I'll tell papa I did it tomorrow." the child began to tear up.

"No Notalzopiltan. Don't do that. Me and your papa... We just don't get along, and we argue." She says wiping his tears.

"But I thought that when people get married they are supposed to like each other."

"Well love, sometimes there are different circumstances." Nirva picks him up and walks back to his room

"Cir- circumpi- stance?"

Nirva chuckles. "My family the, Vanna clan and Your father's clan, the Sun clan, Didn't always get along. Before I was even born they fought for a very long time. Then someone decided that the reason we were like this was because we were so different."

"That's dumb."

"Yes! It was indeed very dumb." Nirva sat down on the edge of Kars' bed, sitting Kars on her lap. "So our clans decided that we should be one clan. So, they got the two youngest of both clans to marry and create the first child of the two."

"Is that me?!"

"Yes love, but me and your father were very upset about getting married. We couldn't do what we wanted anymore."

"What did you use to do mommy?"

"I was a dancer."

"And Papa?"

"He was a traveler who was able to leave this place. It was a dangerous job."

"Well it's not fair. Now you both are sad."

"Well we are happy about one thing."

"Really? What is it?"

"It's you love." Kars gasps and is tickled by Nirva.

"Stop it mommy! That tickles!" The boy laughs.

The dream continues to cut in different parts of Kars and Nirva's life.