chapter twelve

When, Jason is suspicious of something- he has this desire to get to know, what the actual fuck is happening. The same urge was again developed in his mind when, he started to notice the youngest- demon Damian. Behaving the most weirdest way possible.

The first thing which got noticed by Jason the detective was, how Damian was not at home most of the time. Was he meeting someone? Was the first thought, but there was Jon- who made him think he was wrong.

It was as if, he was covering for his friend. His suspicion was proved correct when he, talked about Damian in front of him and he would defend him, without any reason. (Jon is good in acting but you know he tends to overact sometimes)

So, if decided to investigate the situation. Himself.

•••

Damian and Marinette were on video call.(after blushing for 10th time he actually started speaking to her and telling her how it was his first time with someone on a video call.)

"-not only did I eat every other chocolate, I also ate the jumbo deluxe edition!" Damian said, the story was not that funny or interesting but Marinette laughed her heart out. Damian just started at her dumb struck. She looked very beautiful and ethereal.

"Oh! Yeah baby do you remember last time I mentioned of getting a job!"

Damian nodded.

"I got a job!"

"Where did you get it, darling?"

"It is a very famous coffee shop!"

"Well- I'm certainly happy but, why get a job suddenly?"

"I mean I only got 70% scholarship, and I still have to give rent and I want to start my own designing business, so- I thought why not."

Damian nodded, understandingly. He wanted to tell her that there is no need and he will provide money to her, but he believes she will not like it- since she is independent and wanted to be an independent person. So, he will protect her from the shadows as he has always done, to other citizens but this time it will be his love.

"Have you checked the area? Is it safe? What about the employees there? What are the working hours? Is it a 24 hour cafe? Baby- I don't want you to work 24 hours on a weekend day-

"Chillax~ baby cub the place is quite close to our university and the working hours 8 am to 5pm for me. And on normal days it will be 6pm to 9pm. Also, I've checked the area, it's safe! but I really don't know anything about the employees so, we will see about that!"

Marinette answered, making the boy sigh in relief. But he blushed when he realised what she called him.

"Oh, why don't you come tomorrow? In the café? At 6:30!"

Marinette suggested, Damian thought for a second and then nodded.

"I will also bring some work."

Mari nodded and then sent flying kisses to him and then he acted to actually catch them and bring his hands to his lips. She giggled and Damian blushed, yet again.

•••

Marinette, has been working in the café, for exactly three months now. Everything was just fine. She was safe in the neighbourhood, her employees were great with her and she made many little kids her friends! Tikki loved the place as it smelled like bakery to her and it made her mouth water. For Plagg, uhhhhhhh- yeah he was fine. He did nag Marinette because of the disgustingly sweet smell, so she just gave cheese to him, to keep his mouth shut.