Chapter 4

Two days later,

On their final night in the mountain cabin,

Jungkook (mind voice) : "What if... Will he love me the same even after he...."
He flinched because his eyes suddenly closed by a peice of cloth.

Tae: " Shh.... It's me baby"
Tae assured Jungkook is safe before leading him to the cabin.
Jungkook :"Tae... Where are you taking me?"
Tae:"You will know soon, baby."

Tae opened removed the cloth from Jungkook's eyes which made the poor bunny stunned in awe.

Tae surprised Jungkook with a candlelit dinner. The flickering flames cast a warm glow, creating an intimate setting.

Tae held Jungkook's hand, bring him near the table before pulling a chair for him and make him comfortable.

Tae made himself seated on the chair adjacent to Jungkook. He served Jungkook's plate before filling his own.

After their tummies were filled Tae gave him a glass of red wine.

Taehyung: "To us, Jungkook. To the moments we've shared and the ones waiting for us."

Tae emptied his glass and went to Jungkook to pull him up. Jungkook gave him a confused look when Tae held his waist and pressed his chest to his.

As the romantic music playing in the background, Tae moved both of them in a slow dance.

Tae, holding Jungkook close, whispered against his ear.

Taehyung: "I want to explore the world with you, Jungkook. Every corner, every adventure, as long as it's with you."

Time skipped to morning...

The morning of their departure brought a bittersweet ambiance. Jungkook stood on the cabin porch, reluctant to leave the haven that held the echoes of their love.

Taehyung, brushing a strand of hair from Jungkook's face, spoke with a gentleness that mirrored the morning light.

Taehyung: "This may be the end of our mountain retreat, but it's just the beginning for us, Jungkook."

Jungkook, intertwining his fingers with Tae's, nodded with a promise in his eyes.

Back in the city, everything is back to routine.

Days passed, and their routine resumed, but the bond forged in the mountains only deepened.

One evening, as Jungkook stood on their terrace, the stars twinkling above, Tae wrapped his arms around Jungkook which made Jungkook flinch a bit.

Taehyung: "Remember the stars in the mountain sky, Jungkook? We carry a bit of that magic with us."

Jungkook, leaning into Tae's embrace, nodded.

Jungkook: "And the waterfalls, and the cabin.... it's all etched in my heart."

Few Days later,

One day Jungkook, reclining on the couch, glanced over at Taehyung, who was engrossed in flipping through an old photo album.

Jungkook: "Tae, can I ask you something about your work?"
Tae: "What is it, baby?"
Jungkook : "You've mentioned RM before, but I'm curious about what you guys do."

Taehyung, placing the album aside, took a moment before responding.

Taehyung: "Our work is... complicated. We handle things that others can't or won't. RM, he's not just a boss; he's someone I've known for most of my life. He took me in when I had no one."

Jungkook: "He must be important to you, not just as a boss but as a person. What's he like?"

Taehyung's eyes softened, reflecting the complexities of his relationship with RM.

Taehyung: "RM's... he's like a brother to me. We've been through a lot together. He's got this tough exterior, but underneath, he cares deeply. Took me in after I lost my parents. His dad practically raised me."

Jungkook: "What kind of work do you guys usually do? I mean, without revealing anything confidential."

Taehyung, a subtle shift in his demeanor, chose his words carefully.
Taehyung: "It's not your regular 9-to-5 job. We handle situations, ensure things run smoothly. Sometimes it involves negotiations, sometimes... it's more complicated."

Jungkook, picking up on the guarded tone, probed further.

Jungkook (mind voice) : You should stop dumbass or be ready to die.

Jungkook: "ahemmm...Comp....complicated how?"

Taehyung, a flicker of hesitation in his gaze, sighed.

Taehyung: "Let's just say, we navigate a world where trust is scarce, and sometimes our actions aren't exactly... lawful. But we try to do what's necessary."

Jungkook: "Must be tough. But it sounds like you and RM have a strong bond. How did that friendship evolve into working together?"

Taehyung, a small smile breaking through the solemnity, reminisced.

Taehyung: "We met when we were kids. I was lost after my parents' death, and RM's dad took me in. Me and RM, we grew up together. Over time, our paths led us here. He became my boss, but the friendship never changed."

Jungkook, intrigued by the layers of Taehyung's past, continued with a touch of curiosity.

Jungkook: "What's the toughest mission you've been on together?"

Taehyung, his gaze distant for a moment, contemplated.

Taehyung: "There have been many, each with its own challenges. But the toughest ones are when it involves someone's life hanging in the balance. Saving someone from the shadows, ensuring they get a chance at a different life."

Jungkook: "Tae, I mean... in your line of work, has there ever been a situation where... someone innocent got hurt?"

Taehyung, his expression shifting, took a deep breath before responding.

Taehyung: "It's a harsh reality, Jungkook. In our line of work, sometimes there's collateral damage. Innocent people can get caught up in the crossfire. But we do our best to minimize it, to ensure that the greater good prevails."

Jungkook, his eyes reflecting a mix of curiosity and concern, pressed further.

Jungkook: "But have you ever... had to... you know, take someone's life who didn't deserve it?"

Taehyung's gaze, intense and reflective, met Jungkook's.