Chapter 5

Taehyung's gaze, intense and reflective, met Jungkook's.

Taehyung: "It's not something I take lightly, Jungkook. Every decision comes with its burden. But we operate in a world where choices aren't always clear-cut. Sometimes, to protect, to save, we have to make choices that haunt us."

Jungkook: "Do you... regret any of it? The choices you've had to make?"

Taehyung, his eyes revealing a hint of inner turmoil, replied with a touch of vulnerability.

Taehyung: "No one can be in peace after an innocent got hurt by their hand. There are moments when I wish things could be different, that there were other options. But in this world, where shadows hide truths, sometimes we have to navigate the darkness to bring about a semblance of light."

Jungkook: "Sounds like a lot to carry, Tae. I appreciate you sharing this with me."

Taehyung looked at Jungkook's eyes intensely, he is searching for a slight glimpse of disappointment but nothing in Jungkook's eyes.

Time skipped to evening,

In the dimming evening light, the room cast a warm, amber glow as Taehyung engrossed himself in his laptop, the soft hum of the device filling the quiet space.

The door to the bathroom creaked open, and Jungkook stepped out, his silhouette defined by the towel wrapped around his lean frame, droplets of water trailing down his tanned skin. His wet hair accentuated the lines of his jaw, and Taehyung couldn't help but steal a glance.

Jungkook, sensing Taehyung's gaze, turned, a playful smirk playing on his lips.
Jungkook: "Like what you see, Tae?"

Taehyung, momentarily caught off guard, managed a subtle grin.

Taehyung: "You're distracting, Jungkook. Trying to get my attention?"

Jungkook, letting the towel hang a bit lower, stepped closer, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Jungkook: "Maybe I am. Got any objections?"

Taehyung, the room suddenly feeling warmer, cleared his throat.
Taehyung: "I, uh, have work to finish. Can we save this for later?"

Jungkook, leaning against the doorframe, traced a finger along his collarbone.

Jungkook: "Later might be too late, Tae. I'm feeling... impatient."

Before Taehyung could respond, his phone buzzed, the screen lighting up with RM's name. The atmosphere shifted instantly.

Taehyung: "Emergency call."
Jungkook, his playful demeanor replaced by concern, observed as Taehyung answered the call.

Taehyung: "RM, what's happening?"

RM's urgent voice echoed through the phone.

RM: "Taehyung, it's urgent. Our meeting was ambushed. I'm safe, but some of our men are injured. Come to the hospital. We need you and Jimin here as soon as possible."
Taehyung, adrenaline replacing the earlier tension, nodded, his mind shifting into mission mode.

Taehyung: "I'm on it. We'll figure this out, RM. Just focus on getting better."

As he ended the call, Jungkook, now fully dressed, approached.

Jungkook: "What happened, Tae?"

Taehyung, the weight of the mission settling on his shoulders, explained the situation.

Taehyung: "RM's in the hospital. Attacked during a meeting. We need to find out who's responsible. I have to go."

Jungkook, now serious, nodded.