Chapter 13

Days passed, Taehyung was ignoring Jungkook as he never existed whereas Jungkook was desperate to build the relationship between them again, which leads him to back hug Taehyung when he was going to leave the house.

Jungkook: "Tae, I'm so sor—"

Before he could finish, Taehyung's patience snapped. He forcefully untangled himself from Jungkook's embrace, pushing him away.

Taehyung: "Don't touch me, Jungkook."
His voice, sharp and laced with hurt, echoed through the room. The gesture left Jungkook feeling not only physically rejected but also emotionally exiled. Taehyung's wounded gaze spoke volumes, a language of betrayal.

Jungkook: Tae, let me.... Explain..

Taehyung tried take a step towards the door without paying any heed to Jungkook's plead.

Jungkook, reaching out to hold Taehyung's hand.
Jungkook :I miss us, Tae. Can't we go back to the way things were?

Taehyung, yanking his hand away:
Taehyung : "Us"? There's no "us" anymore. There was no us to begin with. It's only me who loved you with everything I have. But you, used me, used my love."

Jungkook :" No..no Tae, it's not true. I....I.. Me.. Too"

Taehyung :"You what Jungkook?"

Jungkook : "There was US it still does Tae"

Taehyung, scoffing: "You are wrong, Jungkook. Your actions spoke louder than your words. Everything. Is. Over."

He walks away, leaving Jungkook standing there, hand outstretched, shattering not only his hope but any remnants of their past closeness.

Jungkook is not ready back off though. He want him, his Taehyung. Yes he lied but his feelings were, is true.

Taehyung came back at midnight but Jungkook was fast asleep in the couch. Taehyung had a urge to take him to bed and cuddle his fuff ball, he did he carried Jungkook to bed and made him sleep comfortably but he didn't lay beside him instead after taking a shower he went to the couch.

Following day, Jungkook woke up by the sound in the kitchen. He went to fresh up before leaving the room. He saw Taehyung drinking his freshly brewed coffee. He approached him with a slight hope.

Jungkook: Tae, can we talk?

Taehyung remains silent, staring at Jungkook coldly.

Jungkook: (voice cracking) I know i messed up, but trust me I have my reasons for it. Whatever I done to you is definitely wrong. But I.... , Tae. I want us to work through this.

Taehyung scoffs, looking away.

Taehyung: Work through this? Do you even understand what you've done? You shattered everything. (pauses) I don't think we can fix it.

Jungkook: (pleading) Tae, please... I just need you to hear me out.

Taehyung: (interrupting) What's there to hear, Jungkook? You lied, betrayed, and now you want me to listen to your excuses?

Jungkook: (teary-eyed) I thought we could get through anything together.

Taehyung: (sarcastic) Well, congratulations. You thought wrong.

Taehyung walks away, leaving Jungkook standing there, utterly defeated and heartbroken.

Few days later,

Jungkook nervously presents a small, carefully wrapped gift to Taehyung.

Jungkook: Tae, I... I got this for you.