Chapter 17

Few weeks later,
Jungkook and Taehyung peacefully holding each other. Jungkook sleeping on Taehyung's chest as Taehyung wrapped his one hand around Jungkook's waist tightly.
It's early in the morning before dawn, Taehyung's phone buzzed with an urgent call. As Taehyung answered the call with closed eyes, RM's voice resonated through the line which made Taehyung awake and alerted.

Taehyung, reluctantly pulling away from Jungkook replacing a pillow in his place, pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead before slipping out of bed.

Jungkook stirred slightly, the loss of warmth and the absence of Taehyung's embrace registering in his subconscious. However, he remained in a peaceful slumber, oblivious to the impending events.

Tae cast a lingering glance back at Jungkook before leaving. The door closed softly, leaving Jungkook enveloped in the serene cocoon of dreams.

In RM's base, the atmosphere was tense. Taehyung and Jimin joined the emergency meeting, where RM briefed them about the sudden attack on his house. The adversaries had made a bold move, but fortunately, no one was injured.

RM: (grim) We need to strengthen our security. This attack was a warning.

Taehyung: (nodding) I'll make sure everything is tightened. We can't afford any vulnerabilities.

Jimin: (serious) Do we have any leads on who's behind this?

RM: (contemplative) Not yet, but we'll find out. Keep your guards up.

Back at home, Jungkook slowly woke to an empty bed. Confusion clouded his features as he searched for Taehyung. The realization hit him – Taehyung had left for a meeting without waking him.

Jungkook, feeling a mix of disappointment and understanding, decided to prepare a surprise for Taehyung's return. As he worked on a homemade breakfast, thoughts of their shared moments fueled his determination to make every day special.

When Taehyung returned, exhausted from the meeting, he was greeted by the aroma of a delicious meal and the sight of delicious Jungkook, who had prepared a candlelit dinner.

Taehyung: (smiling) What's all this, love?
Asked wrapping his hands around Jungkook's waist.

Jungkook: (grinning) A surprise for the man who never fails to surprise me.

After dinner, Taehyung and Jungkook, wrapped in the warmth of each other's arms, exchanged sweet kisses as the world outside faded away. Their private cocoon was shattered by the abrupt ring of Taehyung's phone.

Taehyung: (whispering apologies) I need to take this, baby. It might be important.

Jungkook nodded, understanding the nature of Taehyung's responsibilities. As Taehyung answered the call, Jimin's urgent voice echoed through the line, delivering news of an attack on their warehouse.

Taehyung: (kissing Jungkook's forehead) I love you. I'll be back soon.

Jungkook : do you have to go? Like you must?

Taehyung : yes  baby, I can't avoid this and stay at home. I ll make it upto you. It's a promise.

Taehyung left the house leaving worried Jungkook alone.

Rushing to the venue, a bomb blast in RM's warehouse.

Hours passed before the chaos settled, and Taehyung returned home in the early hours of the morning.

To his surprise, Jungkook was not there. Panic gripped Taehyung's heart as he searched the quiet house, finding no trace of the person who he left last night.

A storm of emotions brewed within Taehyung – fear, anger, and a profound sense of loss. Unable to comprehend Jungkook's absence, Taehyung's mind raced with possibilities. The fear that Jungkook had left him fueled his anger, overshadowing any rational thought.

Taehyung: (calling Jimin) Where's Jungkook? He's not here.

Jimin: (concerned) What do you mean he's not there? And how the f£ck would I k ow where is he? I was with you whole night.

Taehyung :(silence)

Jimin :Taehyung Did something happen?

Taehyung: (angry) I don't know. He's not here. Did he say anything to you?

Jimin : No Taehyung, I haven't talk to him recently.
Taehyung hung up and called Yoongi instantly.

Yoongi was equally perplexed, assuring Taehyung that he hadn't heard from Jungkook. Taehyung, gripped by anxiety and frustration, feared the worst – that Jungkook had left without a word.

He fu£king left him. Again. After he gave every ounce of love he had. Why? Just why?
Taehyung's mind filled with lots of questions and he felt angry. He's furious.

The room was dimly lit as Taehyung sat alone, the deafening silence echoing his anxiety. His anger had dissolved into a pool of worry and regret. Suddenly, the phone rang, jolting him from his thoughts. It was Yoongi.

Yoongi: (voice tense) Tae, I got a message.

Taehyung:(deep voice) What message? Is it from Jungkook?

Yonngi : not from Jungkook but.... It's about him... See the picture I sent you.

Tae's heart plummeted as he swiftly opened the message, and the stark reality of the image sent a shiver down his spine. The room seemed to close in around him as he stared at the haunting picture of Jungkook—bound, bruised, and broken.

Taehyung: (whispered, choked with emotion) No... My baby...

His fingers trembled on the phone, and he felt a surge of anger and helplessness. The sight of Jungkook in pain ignited a fierce fire within him

Tae: WHO THE FUCK THEY ARE YOONGI (SCREAMED I ANGER)

YOONGI : (cracked) I don't know Tae they just send me this picture that's it.

Taehyung: Find out who did this, and let's get ready to bring him back. I don't care if I have burn the whole world to ashes to save my love. I don't care what it takes. They'll regret laying a hand on him.

Taehyung's deep voice even made Yoongi shiver.
Taehyung hung up and started to prepare bring his love back home.

Meanwhile, Yoongi received a text message

Private number: come to the place alone, if you wish to see your brother alive. Address will be sent to you after 12 hours