Chapter 14 - Airplane

Avi's POV

I sigh and lean my head against the cool window of the airplane. We're on a flight back to America, as the tour is over. I wasn't able to do any of the shows after I got shot. I did try, but whenever I sang I would always end up having a painful coughing fit and being completely exhausted afterwards.

Kevin's been continuously making mean remarks to me about how I've missed all the shows. He always tells me how I'm a bad person for letting down the fans, and it's really been getting to me.

But the worst thing is that I know that he's right. I'm useless. I've let down all the fans. I didn't stop my father from killing my mother. What kind of a person does that make me?

As the negative thoughts cloud my brain, the urge to feel pain comes back to me yet again. It's been a week since Kirstie walked in on me cutting, and it's already happened twice more.

But I can't stop. I need the pain. I deserve the pain. I deserve it...

I quickly stand up. I need to experience the pain right now. But as soon as I get up, Kirstie grabs my hand and eyes me suspiciously.

"Where are you going?" She asks, frowning knowingly.

"To the toilet." I mumble, trying to sound convincing.

"Come back quickly then. Avi... Please don't- you know..." Kirstie says quietly.

I can't bear to lie to her, so I just ignore her and try to pull my hand from her grasp.

"Avi. Promise me that you won't..." She says sternly.

"Won't what?" I say, trying to play dumb.

"You know what I mean, Avi." Kirstie says.

I shrug and pull my hand from her grip. I hurry away to the plane's bathroom before she can stop me.

It's only when I reach the bathroom and lock the door when I realise that I don't have a razor with me. I give a groan of frustration; I desperately need the pain right now.

I lean on the sink, gritting my teeth in anger. I look up at my reflection in the mirror. I hate how I look. I hate everything about me. I hate that I'm a coward. I hate that I'm weak. I hate that I'm a burden on everyone around me.

I hate myself so much. In a fit of anger, I swing my fist at my reflection. The mirror immediately shatters, leaving small shards of it in my fist. I press the shards deeper into my skin, sighing as the pain shoots up my nerves.

Blood spurts from the cuts in my hand, splattering onto the sink.

I hate myself...

All of a sudden, I hear a sharp knock on the door, followed by the sound of Kirstie's voice.

"Avi. I heard a mirror smash. Let me in right now."

Shoot. I'm trapped. I sigh and unlock the door; I don't want to make Kirstie wait outside. She comes in, and her eyes sweep across the room and she immediately knows what I've done.

She sighs, "Avi, this is exactly what I told you not to do."

I cast my eyes down to the floor, ashamed.

"Avi, I'm not angry. I'm just worried about you. I don't know if I can trust you anymore..." Kirstie says.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper, tears forming in my eyes, "I just can't cope with everything right now."

"I know. But you're going to be okay. Trust me, everything will be fine." She says comfortingly, pulling me into a gentle hug.

I wish I could believe her.

Hey, Yognaut4Life here! Just wanted to quickly apologise that this chapter took so long, I've just been really busy recently. ALSO, VERY IMPORTANTLY, I have started a collaboration account with one of my friends. It is called PENTAFIX and we are currently writing a Harry Potter / Pentatonix fanfiction, so I've been spending most of my time writing that.

So if you like Harry Potter and Pentatonix, please check out our fanfiction 'Pentatonix at Hogwarts' on @PENTAFIX