17

3 weeks later

"I'm so sad you don't come home today." A pout was on Nia's face.

Today was Nia's graduation day and Caine was still in jail.

No he wasn't sentenced or anything, Caine's lawyer was just as good as he said he was. He had Caine's release date set for tomorrow, sadly the day after Nia's graduation.

She currently sat in front of her vanity, staring at herself as she spoke with Caine on the phone while getting ready for her big day. That didn't feel as big without him there.

"I wish I was there ma. I really do." Nia could feel her heart squeeze at the sound of his voice, she wished that it was in her ear right now telling her that it'll all be okay and she won't trip when walking across the stage.

"I know..." Nia sighed, nibbling on her bottom lip.

"I have on my pink dress that we brought."

Nia and Caine went dress shopping for her about a month ago

Nia and Caine went dress shopping for her about a month ago. He made her pick around three dresses but

"We both knew you was going to go with the pink."

Nia laughed softly, using her makeup brush to brush glitter along her upper body. Making herself look even more perfect than she already did.

She did her own makeup and she had her hair naturally out in its curls that were very well taken care off.

There was suddenly a knock at Nia's door.

"You ready?" Trey asked calmly, holding the door and waiting patiently for his sister. He was very proud of her, today was a big day for her.

These last couple weeks he could see how down she was without Caine. It made him realize that the whole thing with the two of them was none of his business because he couldn't do shit about it.

Morgan on the other hand...she was just adjusting still. But she was there for Nia as much as she could be outside of Caine.

Everyone was full of proudness and joy for her. She was proud of herself to but it just felt like another half of her was missing..and that half was Caine.

"Yes here I come.." she says softly with a small smile.

"I know you have to go baby. I want you to be happy, promise no tears?"

"I promise." She whispered softly into the phone, as she was breaking her promise. Tears gently falling down her cheeks.

"I love you mama."

"I love you more." then the line went dead.

Nia patted her face, fixing her make up where she'd cried already, she knew to bring her powder with her in her bag for more times like this to come.

Most people would say Nia was being dramatic but she wasn't. Nia was sensitive and emotional and Caine heightened that times ten.

He was coming home tomorrow but she wanted him everyday these past three weeks he hadn't been here.