20

"Baby what you get these for?" Nia had just opened the boxes on her and Caine's bed.

It was around 12 pm and Caine had been out since early this morning. Said he was getting ready for their little day planned with his parents.

Then he comes back in here with these bags of shoes.

Nia was in her cute hot pink robe, hair up in a very messy bun that she literally just wrapped the hair tie around just so she could get ready.

"So we can match ma."

Nia nodded shrugging, these shoes would go nice with her outfit. She wanted to wear something calm and cute today. Just something easy that'll help her make a good impression on her mans family.

"I feel like my image to them is already ruined when I'm just now meeting them baby. We been together for almost a year"

"I know ma that's my fault that's my fault but I promise they ain't gon trip."

"Mhmnnn okay" Nia headed to their closet, her outfit already hung up and ready to be put on.

It had been two weeks since her and Caine moved in and it just felt like her life was only just starting.

She felt free like she always had the time to do what she wanted and she always had a partner in whatever she wanted to do.

All her things were shipped here, since she hadn't been back home since.

Her mother and brother have reached out to her but she didn't give them much of her actual living situations right now just that she was good and okay.

Nia didn't feel the need to do anything like telling them her business because she was grown and didn't need them to have their own views on HER life.

"Ni you ready?!" She could hear Caine's voice yelling from downstairs as she sprayed perfume over her outfit.

"Here I come!" Nia yelled back, just as she came out the closet and started to slip on the shoes Caine got them

She made her way downstairs, Caine stood on his phone flipping his car keys around his finger. He looked so damn calm while she was over here nervous as ever.

Once they got into the Car, Nia of course spoke up.

"You're so calm and I'm over here nervous as ever."

"Baby I'm not nervous because I know no matter what you going to be my girl regardless."

Nia sighed at Caine's reassuring words, watching him as he turned the wheel taking them out of the community they lived in and on the road to where they were meeting his parents for brunch.

"You so sweet. Lover boy self" Nia grinned, leaning over and squeezing his jaw with her fingers since he hardly had fat cheeks like she did herself.

"Youn want me do that to you fat cheeks." Caine says, slowing down at a red light and leaning over to bite her cheek. Nia laughed, hitting him off her face gently and shaking her head.