23

"Babyyyy" Nia giggled as she felt Caine's face in her neck.

She was currently in the kitchen eating from her tub of ice cream and watching YouTube on her iPad ahead.

Nia and Caine had been engaged for two days and they were even more obsessed with one another.

"Let me have some mama."

Caine opened his mouth, Nia immediately dropping a spoon full onto his tongue and watching him swallow it down with a hum.

"You taste better." He shrugged, pulling back from his fiancé with a smirk as she laughed at his silly self.

There was a knock at their door. Caine and Nia weren't expecting anymore. She looked over at Caine, seeing what he was on before she did anything.

"Stay in here." He says, calmly. In the kitchen was where Caine held one of his guns. Nia knew how to use it but she hadn't had to the entire time they lived here. And she hoped today wouldn't change that.

Caine made his way to the front door, Nia already had the draw with the gun halfway opened, waiting patiently by the draw as she listened.

"It's your mama!" She heard from the room entrance. She immediately closed the draw and smiled softly waiting for the two to make their way to the kitchen.

"Imma leave y'all be." Caine said out of respect for Nia. He knew she could handle herself with her mother way better than she did years ago.

"Trey tells me you two are engaged.." Morgan said, a small smile on her face as she sat down at the counters stool across from Nia.

Nia nodded, a smile on her face also as she placed her hand out to show her mother the ring. Morgan inspected it, nodding since she knew it was perfect for her daughter.

"I know that I haven't ever been supportive of you guys relationship but I will support you Nia. And I should've told you this years ago."

Nia nodded, she had no words for her mother about the situation. It was at end with Nia the day she moved out and started the life she knew she deserved.

"My wedding will be soon. So expect an invite." Nia says with an even bigger smile, just thinking about walking down the aisle to meet Caine at the end.

Nia and Morgan spoke much more about the wedding. Also about how school was going for Nia.

Once that was all through she made her way through the house to find Caine.

She found him in their room on the phone. She didn't want to intrude but when he saw her he immediately waved her over to come sit with him.

Nia climbed right on her man's lap, clinging her arms around his neck. She listened to his call, seeing he was on the phone with his mother.

She didn't speak, letting them have their mother son time as she comfortably layed on him.

"Rd ma love you to." Then Caine hung up the phone, looking at his fiancé who was on his lap.

"What y'all was talking about?" Nia told Caine all her business so he knew that Nia and her mother hadn't talked about where they stood in so long. They just moved past it and did casual mother daughter things. But now it felt slightly more resolved than that.

"We bettered things as much as possible."

"Is that good enough for you?"

"Yes, yes it is." Nia responded, Caine nodding at her response. If she was cool he was cool.

"We talked about the wedding tooo and now it's going to be so so beautiful and amazing...I just can't wait. I want it to happen soon Caine!"

"How soon mama?" Caine chuckled under his breath, Nia had been talking about having the wedding soon since they got engaged two days ago.