38

1 year later.

Nia's alarm went off at 5:45 in the morning.

She easily got out the bed, a yawn leaving her mouth not from being sleepy but simply from waking from such a good sleep.

She opened her arms out and stretched her body then reached for her water bottle and phone on her nightstand.

Nia drank some water while scrolling through instagram and TikTok this early morning until she was finally ready to get up.

She walked into her bathroom, closing the door behind her quietly and turning the bathroom lights on.

She immediately pushed her hands through her hair, getting it out her face as she stood in front of her bathroom mirror.

Nia smiled softly, looking at herself in the mirror and then begun to read the words she had written on the mirror.

"You are beautiful. You are an amazing mother and today will be an amazing day."

Nia had been doing this for a while now. A few months ago she struggled with accepting her body after having the twins. But she had babies to raise and she had to get out of that state of mind.

Nia went to the gym- at least two times a week because she hated the gym. Eventually she got her stomach to how she wanted and now she looked at the slight pudge there like the thing that brought her girls into this world.

Nia brushed her teeth, did her skin care and then got her hair sorted out for the day.

As she exited the bathroom, flicking the lights off she looked over at her bed where her man was... and her twin daughters.

These past couple weeks Nori and Carmen learned how to walk- and to climb out of their cribs.

Lord knows the heart attack Nia had when she woke up one morning and both her daughters were in her bed.

Meaning she'd missed their first steps and them being monkeys and climbing out their cribs.

Since then Nia hasn't been able to get them out of her and Caine's bed. And her husband has been no help, easily welcoming the girls under his skin and letting them sleep pressed to him in her damn spot.

She rolled her eyes at the sight of Nori on top of her father's chest while Carmen was tucked into his large arm, you could hardly see the girl there.

Nia wouldn't be waking her family up. They usually got up at around 9 and Caine would take the girls to his parent's house while he handled business. He always ended up wrapping his day up at around two and picking the girls up. He'd work on call and even handle some slight business with them but most of the time he just wanted to spend all his time with them until Nia for home.

Nia made her way out their bedroom and down the hall to each girls room. She set out an outfit for each one of her girls in their own respective rooms then headed downstairs.

She took the frozen fruit little snacks she made out the freezer and put them in the fridge for them since that's what they'd eat for breakfast since they weren't big on it similar to their father but unlike their mother who loved breakfast.

Nia got dressed for work and gathered all her things up in her downstairs office.

Before she headed out she kissed each and everyone of their cheeks and just as she got to Caine, he opened his eyes and looked at his wife.

"Don't be trying to leave without waking me up to kiss you right."

Nia rolled her eyes, smiling at her husband and leaning into his mouth, the two sharing a wet lustful kiss before pulling away.