24

"She going to be confused as shit why I'm picking her up Caine."

It was currently only a few days after Nia and Caine had picked their venue and Caine had a surprise planned for her.

"Mario she trust you it be fine. I know you not scared of my girl?"

"The way you got her packing, hell yea I am"

Caine chuckled under his breath.

"Well hers is registered and she knows how to use it. I think you be rd." Then Caine hung up the phone.

Mario shook his head, pulling into the parking space Caine usually parked at when picking up Nia.

Only five minutes later did Nia come out. She had her book bag on her back, immediately going to the back seat and sitting her bag in the back.

"Hi baby." She says, not paying attention to the front seat as she took out her water bottle and container of trail mix. She closed the back door, going to the passenger side and hopping up into his truck.

"Hi babyyy" Mario mocked making Nia jump and hold her chest.

"Mario you scared the mess out of me." She laughed, holding her chest as she caught her breath. Shaking her head as all Mario did was laugh.

Nia reached for her seat belt and clicked it on, getting comfortable in the car with someone she knew she could trust other than Caine.

"Why are you picking me up today? Is he busy? He didn't tell me." Nia started taking her phone out to see if she had any messages from Caine about his whereabouts.

She started to send him a text to let him know that Mario had picked her up but then Mario spoke up.

"Nah he just got a surprise for you at the house." Nia looked over at him with her brow raised. She didn't even need to text Caine now, she went to the call button and brought the phone up to her ear.

"How i just know you was going to call me?" Caine said as soon as the line connected.

Nia laughed under her breath.

"Because Caine what are you doing? You should not be surprising me right now. I look a mess right now to." Nia pouted softly but also on the inside she was nervous and giddy about what he had in store for her.

"You don't look a mess. You look like a sexy ass girl wearing her nigga clothes."

"Not my Nigga

"Not my Nigga."

Caine pulled the phone away from his ear, looking at it with a mug as if Nia could see him.

He placed the phone back to his ear.

"Nia do-"

"My fiancé." She continued making Mario chuckle from the drivers seat while he drove. He knew his best friend was ready to go dumb on the other line if Nia hadn't said that last part.