Letters

Harry had been a lot more anti-social than he usually was the week after he'd witnessed all of Dudley's friends getting cut in half, while that was the kind of image that was hard to get out of your mind, he honestly wasn't very sad about it as they had often been dicks to him. What he'd been thinking about was the two people who showed up and fought the creature, or 'Cursed Spirit' as they called it, he was now starting to suspect that perhaps there was some sort of magical secret society, but that thought process enough more questions than it did answers. He also had questions regarding himself, like what the fuck was that goat power he suddenly had and why was it ignoring him now, he felt like he could do it again but he didn't find an appropriate time or place.

Eventually, Harry gave up, kicked open the door to his cupboard and rolled out, just as he did this the mail was posted through the door and from the living room he heard the shriek of his aunt "GET THE MAIL!!!" She shouted and Harry sighed, he walked over to the front door and picked it up and started going through it. He knew he didn't have any but it was honestly just because he was nosey, however, he raised his eyebrows in surprise when he got to the last letter.

Mr H. Potter
The Cupboard under the Stairs
4 Privet Drive
Little Whinging
Surrey

'Creepy' he thought to himself as he walked into the front room and through the rest of the mail on the table, he saw Dudley attempting to sneak up behind him and at the last second turned and moved out of the way leading to him falling on the ground "HARRY HAS MAIL!!!" he said snitching to his parents as he didn't manage to snatch Harry's letter off of him.

Vernon looked up from his newspaper "What've you got there boy!" He said loudly and Harry shrugged "I'll let you know as soon as I read it" he simply said as he opened the letter.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr Potter, We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall Deputy Headmistress.

"Interesting..." Harry thought as he looked at the enclosed list raising his eyebrows at the rather ridiculous list, he assumed that there might be some sort of secret magic society but this seemed ridiculous. Though if he was honest anything would be better than spending the year here "Seems I'm going to magic school to become a wizard" he said, much to the shock and anger of his Aunt and Uncle "LISTEN HERE BOY THERE ARE NO SUCH THINGS AS WIZARDS DO YOU UNDERSTAND!!!" Vernon shouted as he stood up pointing his massive sausage finger at Harry.

Aunt Petunia walked around the table "Come on baby cake, go up to your room now" she said sweetly but when she saw that he was going to argue you back "Up to your room now!" She snapped, Dudley looked at her in shock before quickly running upstairs in a sulk. Harry smirked as this must've been the first time Dudley had been shouted at by his mother, he turned back to Vernon "Explain" he simply said.

Vernon's face turned red "I DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO YOU, BOY!!!" Petunia screamed as Vernon charged towards Harry "Vernon wa-" Petunia screamed but it was too late, Harry poured his energy into his fist and slammed it against Vernon's chin knocking him out cold as he fell and immediately broke the table. Petunia screamed and ran towards her husband and knelt next to him. Harry just looked at them with a sigh, Uncle Vernon never could control his temper so this happening again was inevitable "Come on Aunt Petunia, explain what this is" he asked calmly as he sat down on the sofa.