Duelling

"I can't believe you made us late for Duelling, this is my favourite lesson you know!" Harry shouted at Hannah as they rushed to get to class.

"You haven't even had the lesson yet how can it be your favourite!" She shouted back at him as she and Susan struggled to keep up with Harry.

"You don't know that it won't be!" He shouted as he started running faster much to the girl's protests. When Harry had launched the Cursed Spirit out of the castle they had all gone to find a teacher, but not finding one they went to the headmaster's office which was provided to them by a painting. Needless to say, when they arrived and tried to tell Dumbledore about the ghost that turned into a Cursed Spirit he was less than helpful.

*
"A ghost that has turned into a Cursed Spirit you say?" Dumbledore said as he stroked his beard in contemplation.

"Yes professor, it was a knight at first then turned into this monster and would've gotten us too if Harry hadn't exorcised it!" Hannah said in a panic.

"I think you must be mistaken Miss Abbott, there are no Cursed Spirits in Hogwarts..." he said with a smile planted on his face.

"I know that sir but it was the Ghost that turned into one and-"

"Miss Abbott there are no Cursed Spirits in Hogwarts School for Witches and Wizards," he interrupted.

"So how can you explain what we saw!?" Hannah asked incredulously.

"Mirrors..." Dumbledore replied bluntly.

"Mirrors?" Hannah said dumbly.

"Can we go yet this conversation is incredibly boring," Harry said as he leaned back in his chair.

"I-I... y-you-" Hannah found herself at a loss for words as she seemed to be surrounded by absolute morons.

"Come on Hannah... let's get to class," Susan said quietly as she ushered Hannah out of the headmasters office.
*

"Like Dumbledore said it was Mirrors, that explains it," Harry said to Hannah as they ran.

"That literally explains nothing!!!" Hannah shouted back. Harry laughed at her outrage giving her a wide smile that only infuriated her more.

Of course, while Harry acted rather blasé about the incident, he was rather concerned. 'The castle is full of ghosts, if one of them can act like that then there is a chance that another could as well,' he thought to himself. He then remembered the conversation with Dumbledore which made him suspect that this was not an isolated incident; Harry would need to be on the lookout from now on and make sure that none of the ghosts can change into Cursed Spirits, though he was sure Dumbledore would be able to handle most cases. 'I'm sure he would've shown up at the last second if I hadn't released that spell... At least I hope so, otherwise, Hannah might be right and we might actually have an idiot for a Head Master.' Harry chuckled nervously at that idea before he turned a corner finally reaching the duelling classroom.

All three of them burst through the door to the classroom earning the stares of everyone in the room. "You three are late, could you please explain to the class what was more important that you couldn't show up on time!" A woman that Harry recognised as Bellatrix said with a stern expression on her face befitting a professor of Hogwarts.

"Oh good it looks like the teacher isn't here yet," Harry said to the girls clapping them both on the back with a smile. Bellatrix felt her eyebrow twitch with irritation at the jab from Harry, his annoying smirk didn't make the situation any better.

"Well since you think there are more important things to do, you can be my volunteer, Mr Potter," Bellatrix said as she approached the duelling platform. Hannah giggled at Harry's misfortune while Susan looked sympathetic; Harry just sighed as he followed Bellatrix up onto the platform.