Bullying

A pale and sickly man walked through the corridors of Hogwarts. It was late at night and the castle was sleeping, as were all of its inhabitants. But not this man, no, he had a task he had to complete and he would do anything he could to make sure it would be completed. This man was Professor Quirrell, the DADA Professor and the current vessel of Voldemort; Quirrell breathed heavily as he walked down the corridor, his body was in a constant state of agony and he was tempted to reach up to the necklace he had around his neck, but he chose not to as he knew that his master would not be happy if he so causally used their reserves.

Containing Voldemort's soul in his body was taxing and as he was not suitable as a Vessel his body started to break down the moment Voldemort entered inside of him. Unfortunately for Voldemort, there weren't very many people so easily give their body and their lives for him as he had lost many of his followers since his supposed death. This was the reason he had to make a deal with Grindelwald; normally he would never stoop so low as to make a deal with a rival Dark Lord, but in this case, he had no choice. Grindelwald commanded the flames of rebirth; this ability allowed him to summon Phoenix-like flames that we capable of healing any injuries.

Grindalwald had given Voldemort a necklace which he charged with his ability. It would provide him with healing if Quirrell's body broke down too much and became unusable, but it needed to be used sparingly as it was not often that the two could meet. This left Quirrell to bear the brunt of the pain that Voldemort was inflicting on the man, and unfortunately, this wasn't something that magic reversal could fix as the body was being decayed by its magic.

"My Lord... I've searched this floor entirely... I don't believe the ward stone is down here," Quirrell said as he leaned against a stone wall.

'Check again you fool, you must find the appropriate runes before Halloween or the real is off and I won't get the stone!' Voldemort shouted back to his minion, he didn't want the plan to fail due to Quirrell's incompetence. Voldemort's first plan was to use the Room of Requirement to form a path to the Wardstone, but it seemed that the castle protected itself rather well and so it led him to the dungeons rather than the room itself.

Voldemort took this to mean that the ward stone was located somewhere in the dungeons. They just needed to find it, and if that failed them there was always Plan C, which involved getting a certain young boy who was able to see magic as easily as he saw people.

'Continue looking, I'd rather we didn't compromise our identity so soon,' Voldemort ordered.

"Yes... My Lord," Quirrell said tiredly before he continued walking through the corridors casting and detecting charms wherever he could.

———————————————————-

Harry yawned as he leaned back in his chair. It had been a long first week of classes, but he had been learning a lot which he found exciting. His favourite class was duelling but he had to admit working on his magical technique had been fun; Susan loved Aries and asked to pet him every time she saw him, much to the Rams' dismay. Right now Harry was in the library with Hermione, they were completing the homework they received from Mrs McGonagall for transfiguration as well as the utility spells they were told to research for charms.

Hannah and Susan weren't with them as they refused to do Homework on a Saturday. Well, Hannah refused to, but then quickly dragged Susan off before she could form an opinion. Harry looked towards Hermione who was looking even worse than she did the first day he saw her; the bags around her eyes had grown and she was constantly yawning. He had also noticed that she shrunk back whenever she saw certain Gryffindors, as someone who used to be bullied it was pretty easy to recognise the warning signs.

He knew that Hermione would try to play it off as not being a big deal, but he wouldn't be having that. He had given her time to sort the situation out herself as she hadn't asked for help, but with things only looking worse, he decided it was about time he stepped in. "Get much sleep last night," Harry asked as he stopped leaning in his chair and put his arms on the table.