Chapter 1

It's the first sunny day in weeks, so your best friend Sawyer asks if you will go on a walk downtown with him. You've had a secret crush on him for years, so you enthusiastically say yes.
You start your walk by the little library on the other side of town. After browsing through the small selection, you two decide to head to a restaurant for some lunch. You walk into the nearest diner and sit down "So, how's the music business coming along?" you ask after all of the Sawyer fans subside, all of them holding autographs (one of them was your waitress).
He sighs. "It's fun and all, but sometimes I wish I could have a little break. It's very stressful, knowing that you have to be perfect no matter what."
The squealing waitress comes back to take your orders, and as she walks away, you spot someone on the other side of the restaurant. She can't be older than your tiny 15 next to Sawyer's 16, but she's exceptionally beautiful, with the prettiest blonde hair and blue eyes you've ever seen. Sawyer sees her too, and his jaw practically drops. With a sinking heart, you catch a glimpse of the girl winking at Sawyer, and him blushing and smiling back.
Your day has been ruined. You had originally hoped to have a good time with Sawyer, but now that plan seems to have gone out the window.
He looks back at you. "She's gorgeous," he whispers.
You swallow hard, forcing back tears. "Yeah, I guess so."
The waitress brings your food, and you eat in silence, Sawyer occasionally glancing over at the girl. As you stand up to leave, a squadron of television cameras spot Sawyer, and they drag him outside. You desperately follow, at a loss for what to do.
They all start asking him questions, and one of the heavy cameras knocks you over to try and get a better shot of your best friend. He doesn't even see you on the ground, and nobody stops to help you.
Sobbing freely, you walk away from the scene. Your knees and palms are scratched and bleeding from the hard concrete, but you barely notice. You just keep moving away from your best friend, and your only love. You stumble around the town until sunset.