Chapter 5

After some time, he breaks the silence. "I'm sorry that this happened. It's all my fault. If I'd only been a better friend, then you wouldn't be hurt."
"It's okay Sawyer. None of this is your fault. You did what you could."
He just pouts. "But if I'd never won The Voice, then you wouldn't have been pushed."
You just shake your head. "Sawyer, you can't always control what happens. I'm not upset with you. In fact, I'm really happy for you. This is supposed to be a once in a lifetime chance, so why are you so unhappy?"
He still won't accept it though. "It's just been hard, with all of this stress and the consistent travel, and I haven't had any time to sit back and relax in a while." He says quietly. He turns his head towards you and fiddles with your hair. You just chuckle and look back at the stars. For such a cutie, Sawyer can be a bit of a goofball sometimes. "I have to go back to LA soon." he continues, still playing with your hair. "I don't know when though. It could be in a month, or tomorrow, but I'll have to go back eventually."
You look at him again, and this time he's staring straight up at the sky. "I'll miss this place," he whispers.
You swallow hard. "I'll miss you," you murmur.
Now it's his turn to look at you. "I'll miss you too." he says, and your heart feels like it could burst out of your chest.
You both gaze into each other's eyes. "Friends forever?" you whisper. Sawyer smiles and looks back at the stars.
"Friends forever." he says.