Chapter 45: Redux (pt 1)

26 March 1994, 5:45 a.m.
Harry's Room

Harry Potter's eyes shot open and he sat up in bed. He'd had a strange unsettling dream that he could not recall any of upon awakening. Not exactly a nightmare, just ... weird. A dream he couldn't recall at all yet somehow knew he'd had before. Déjà vu of the unconscious, as it were. His watch said that it was quarter to 6, so he wasn't up much earlier than usual. The Slytherin gathered his toiletries and then stopped, as the strange sense of déjà vu only grew more intense. Cautiously, he moved over to the door and pulled it open. As he had somehow expected, Blaise was on the other side of the door, startled by Harry's presence.

"What's got you up so early?" said Zabini.

Harry stared at him with wide eyes for several seconds. "Couldn't sleep," he finally mumbled.

Blaise looked at his friend with a cautious expression. "So ... excited for the Easter Break?"

"All that really happened," Harry said in a complete daze. "I'm here."

Then, to Blaise's shock and surprise, Harry rushed forward with an insane grin on his face and pulled him into a bearhug before lifting the boy off the ground and whirling him around in a circle.

"I'M BACK!" Harry bellowed jubilantly.

Then, he let Blaise go and darted back into his room. Completely shocked by the display, Blaise followed him inside.

"I wasn't aware you'd ever left," he said while closing the door behind him. Harry ignored the other boy and paced around his dorm room in excitement while muttering almost incoherently.

"Okay, gotta think. Gotta plan. Gotta ... make a list! Hermione was right!" Then, he suddenly turned back to Blaise with a slightly mad expression. "Proper planning prevents poor performance! ha-Ha!"

"Aaaaand now you're doing the Lockhart laugh," Blaise muttered with some concern. Harry went back to ignoring the other boy as he pulled out a notebook and a quill.

"Okay, what's first?" he muttered to himself. "The first big thing was when Remus took the Map...." Harry paused suddenly at the recollection. Then, his eyes widened at what else he could recall.

"Malachi Sturgeon is actually the werewolf Remus Lupin." he said slowly to no one in particular before he laughed again, this time quite maniacally. It seemed that traveling back in time to a point before he learned Remus's Secret did not cause him to forget it once more! He still knew it!

"What did you just say?" Blaise asked in confusion.

"I don't know," Harry answered cautiously. "What did it sound like I said?"

Blaise stared at him for a few seconds, and to his surprise, Harry could almost see in Blaise's expression the moment the Fidelius kicked in.

"I ... don't know," Blaise said uncertainly. "I couldn't quite make it out."

Harry didn't answer but instead focused on his own thoughts. And when he couldn't think fast enough, he dilated slightly.

"I know Remus's complete Secret but I can't share it because Dumbledore is the Secret Keeper. But I know a good bit about working around the Fidelius from the experiments I did on the topic. So, what else do I know that I didn't know before? I know the Map can be used to track any of the Marauders. I know how to get into the Shrieking Shack. I know a Parselmagic Sectumsempra will totally kill a werewolf. I know James Potter is an even bigger prat than I ever imagined before and why. I know the Potter Prophecy, even if I've sworn an oath ... not ... to share ... it...."