-I'm Gonna Be A....-

*Married Life: Human AU* Song: "Turning Page" Sleeping at Last (Instrumental)

Sophie's POV: 

I peered down at the digital pregnancy test in my trembling hands, my heart pounding with anticipation. This little stick held the answer to our hopes and dreams, the possibility of a miracle we had been waiting for. The seconds on the tiny screen ticked away agonizingly slow, until finally, the result flashed before my eyes: positive.

A burst of joy exploded within me, tears filling my eyes as I reveled in that extraordinary moment. Our journey had been long, filled with countless doctors' appointments, heartache, and prayers. But now, it seemed like our prayers had been answered. We were finally going to have our little miracle.

Excitement buzzing through my veins, I hurriedly thought of the perfect way to tell Keefe the life-changing news. Our relationship had always been built on surprises and heartfelt gestures, so this moment called for something truly special. As an idea formed in my mind, a genuine smile spread across my face. I knew exactly what I needed to do.

I scurried around the house, gathering the necessary items and setting them up with care. On our kitchen counter, I placed a small sign that read, "See you soon daddy." Beside it, I delicately laid a tiny onesie, adorned with the words, "Our Little Miracle." A surge of emotion swept over me as I imagined the joy that would fill my husband's eyes when he discovered the precious secret, I had hidden away for him.

With the scene set, I distracted myself by diving into a long list of house chores. I couldn't sit still; my anticipation was building, causing a restless excitement to bubble within me. Every minute felt like an eternity as I vacuumed, dusted, and tidied up, all the while glancing at the clock every few steps.

The sound of the front door being unlocked sent my heart soaring with even greater intensity. Keefe's footsteps echoed through the hallway as he made his way towards the kitchen, unaware of the life-altering surprise that awaited him. I took a deep breath, steadying my nerves, and waited for him to discover the secret I had so carefully prepared.

As he walked into the kitchen, his gaze fell upon the sign and onesie. I watched his eyes widen in disbelief, a spark of recognition igniting within him. Slowly, a smile crept onto his face, mirroring the one that had been permanently etched on mine. His eyes met mine, filled with a love and joy that words could never express.

Without saying a single word, Keefe rushed towards me, sweeping me up in his arms. Our laughter mingled with the sound of happy tears as we soaked in the magnitude of this incredible moment. Our dreams had become a reality, and in that instant, I knew that our lives would forever be changed.

As we hugged each other tightly, surrounded by the flickering glow of our kitchen lights, I realized that our journey towards parenthood had been worth every tear, every heartache. We were about to embark on the most beautiful adventure of our lives, armed with love, hope, and our little miracle. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

*This one-shot made me a little emotional writing it. I think it was listening to the song.* 

*EDITED*

Keep Being Cool

-KotLC183