-Asking For Her-

A/N: "Asking for Her Dad's Permission" (Studio C) The sketch is just for kicks and giggles. 

*This is Part 1 of 2*

Keefe's POV:

As I approached Grady's front door, my heart raced with nerves. I couldn't believe this was happening. I was about to ask for his blessing to marry his daughter, Sophie.

I had known Grady for years, ever since I joined the Black Swan. He had watched me grow from a rebellious troublemaker to someone who genuinely cared about protecting our world. I knew he respected my dedication to the cause, but asking for his approval to marry Sophie felt like stepping into uncharted territory.

Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door. It swung open to reveal Grady, wearing his usual stern expression.

"Keefe," he grumbled, his voice tinged with skepticism. "What brings you here?"

I stumbled over my words, unable to find the right way to begin. Finally, I blurted out, "I want to marry Sophie."

Grady's eyes widened, and for a moment, I feared he would slam the door in my face. But to my surprise, a small smile tugged at the corner of his lips.

"I had a feeling you would ask," he said, motioning for me to come inside.

I entered Grady's house, my mind swimming with a mix of relief and anticipation. I had expected resistance, but his acceptance made me hopeful. Maybe, just maybe, he would see that I was the right match for Sophie.

As we sat down in the living room, Grady's stoic expression returned. "Why do you want to marry my daughter?" he asked, his eyes drilling into mine.

I took a deep breath, gathering my thoughts. "Sophie is the most incredible person I've ever known," I began. "She's strong, brave, and compassionate. And she has a heart so big, she'd risk anything to help others. She challenges me to be a better person every day, and I can't imagine my life without her."

Grady listened attentively, his gaze softening. "You know, Sophie has always been a fighter," he said, a hint of pride in his voice. "I've watched her face countless dangers and come out stronger every time. If you truly believe you can protect her and love her as much as she deserves, then maybe you are the right one for her."

A wave of relief washed over me. Grady's words felt like a weight lifted from my shoulders, and I knew that this was the moment I had been waiting for.

"I promise to protect Sophie with everything I have," I swore, my voice filled with determination. "And I will love her with all of my heart, every single day."

Grady nodded, a genuine smile gracing his face. "Then you have my blessing, Keefe," he said, extending his hand in a gesture of acceptance. "May you both find happiness in each other."

As I shook Grady's hand, a surge of joy and excitement coursed through me. I had won his approval, but more importantly, I knew I had found the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Sophie was the one, and with Grady's blessing, I was ready to embark on this new chapter of our lives together.

Leaving Grady's home, I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. The future was bright, and I was determined to make every moment count for Sophie and our love. 

----------------------------------------------

The sketch above is sometimes how I imagine Keefe asking Grady. LOL. 

Keep Being Cool

-KotLC183