-By Your Side-

A/N: "By Your Side" In Paradise 

*One-shot dedicated to my story "Anytime Foster I'm Always Here" a little behind the scenes how their special song came to be. 😉

Sophie: 5yrs Keefe6yrs

Sophie's POV: 

I clutched my teddy bear tightly, my little fingers digging into its soft fur. As I sat in the grove where Keefe and I first became friends, I couldn't help but feel a surge of nostalgia. The sun played hide-and-seek behind the tree leaves, casting flickering shadows onto the ground. It was our special place, the spot where our friendship had blossomed.

Looking at Keefe, who was now six years old, I marveled at how much had changed since that day I was just three and he was four. We were inseparable, always sharing stories and giggles, exploring the grove with wide-eyed wonder. And here we were, back in our beloved sanctuary, as if time had paused just for us.

Keefe was an adorable 4-year-old, and I was 3. It was so sad to see him so heartbroken at the time, all because of his nasty parents. But we aren't going to worry about that now. Right now, we are focusing on the peace before us. It was a beautiful moment. Nothing could ruin it. Keefe moved his hand toward mine and held onto my hand. I smiled. I love that! Two adorable best friends that we are!

I'll never forget the day he became my best friend. It was the best for both of us, as it seemed like he really needed it. His life isn't bright and merry, but tough and heartbreaking. Poor Keefe deserves none of that. I feel bad for him, so I decided to always be there for him if he needs me, just as he will be for me.

A song pops into my head, and I decide to start singing it.

"When you need a friend. You can count on me from now until the end. When you feel alone, I'll leave the light on. Let it guide you home. When you fall, down your sea. You can follow me."

Keefe turns his head towards me and joins in on the chorus, our voices blending beautifully.

"I'll never ever let you go. Or let you go thinking your on your own. No I won't give up, give up this fight. Promise I'll keep holding on to you for dear life. I'll be by your side, I'll be by your side. I'll be by your side. Through the darkest night. Even when it hurts It's us against the world. You'll find that I will be by your side." We sing together. I feel something warm in my heart as I sing this song with Keefe. It feels special. I love this song already. I have no idea where it came from, but I am not complaining.

"I will brave the cold, you will feel my love, like a winter cold. I'll shine on your heart. And we will find our way, like the northern stars. When you break down your sea, It won't break you and me."

"I'll never ever let you go. Or let you go thinking your on your own. No I won't give up, give up this fight. Promise I'll keep holding on to you for dear life. I'll be by your side, I'll be by your side. I'll be by your side. Through the darkest night. Even when it hurts It's us against the world. You'll find that I will be by your side."

The chorus feels like a promise to each other, a commitment to never let go and to always support each other. It's a pledge that even if we do part ways, we won't leave each other feeling alone, and we'll continue to stand by each other. We won't give up the fight, and we'll always be there for each other.

"My arms around you, till the end of time. There's nothing in this crazy world that's gonna change my mind. I'll stay beside you, swear on my life. There's nothing in this crazy world that's gonna change my mind. My arms around you, till the end of time. There's nothing in this crazy world that's gonna change my mind. I'll stay beside you, swear on my life. There's nothing in this crazy world that's gonna change my mind. NOOOO."

"I'll never ever let you go. Or let you go thinking your on your own. No I won't give up, give up this fight. Promise I'll keep holding on to you for dear life. I'll be by your side, I'll be by your side. I'll be by your side. Through the darkest night. Even when it hurts It's us against the world. You'll find that I will be by your side.".

"Even when it hurts, its us against the world, You'll find that I will be by your side."

"Foster, I really like that song," Keefe says.

"Yeah, I like it too. It's nice," I reply.

"Let's make it our special song," he says, holding my hand a little tighter.

"Yes, it's our song. Nothing will ever change that," I say, smiling.

And that was just the beginning of our new special song, one that we will always cherish in our hearts. 

--------------------------------------------------------

*EDITED*

Keep Being Cool

-KotLC183