-For A Thousand Years-

A/N: "A Thousand Years" The Piano Guys

*This one is bittersweet.

Sophie's POV:

It seemed like just a mere heartbeat ago when Keefe and I stood together under the sprawling oak tree, our hearts entwined in a love that felt timeless. The sun had been setting, casting a golden hue over us, and the soft whisper of the wind seemed to echo our promises of forever. But as fate would have it, our love story took a cruel turn, one that threatened to shatter the very fabric of our existence.

I remember the day like it was yesterday – the day when everything changed. I had been standing by the edge of the clearing, my heart heavy with worry, waiting for Keefe to return from his quest. The air was filled with a sense of foreboding, a feeling that made my skin prickle with unease.

And then, he appeared on the horizon, his silhouette growing larger as he ran towards me. But something was different. His eyes, usually bright with mischief and love, were clouded with a darkness I had never seen before. It was as if a shadow had fallen over his soul, casting a pall over our once vibrant love.

I reached out to him, my hands trembling, my voice barely a whisper. "Keefe, what's wrong? What happened?"

He looked at me, his gaze piercing through me, filled with a sorrow that cut deep into my heart. "Sophie," he said, his voice rough with emotion. "I have to leave. I have to go."

My heart clenched at his words, a sense of dread creeping into my bones. "Leave? But why, Keefe? What's going on?"

He took my hands in his, his touch sending a jolt of electricity through me. "There are forces at play, Sophie. Forces that threaten to tear us apart. I need to go, for your safety, for our love."

Tears pricked at my eyes, a sense of helplessness washing over me. "No, Keefe. Please, don't leave me. I can't bear it."

But he had already made up his mind. With a reluctant glance, he turned away, leaving me standing there, alone, the echoes of his words hanging in the air like a heavy burden.

Days turned into weeks, and weeks into months, but Keefe did not return. I spent my days in a haze of despair, haunted by memories of our love, of the promises we had made under that ancient oak tree. The world around me seemed to lose its color, its vibrancy dulled by the absence of my soulmate.

And then, one fateful night, a figure appeared at the edge of the clearing, his silhouette familiar yet changed. It was Keefe, but he was not the man I remembered. His eyes were colder now, distant, as if a part of him had been swallowed by the darkness he had fought against.

I approached him cautiously, my heart aching with a mixture of love and fear. "Keefe," I whispered, reaching out to touch his face. "What happened to you?"

He looked at me, his gaze filled with a pain that mirrored my own. "Sophie, I tried to fight it. I tried to come back to you. But the darkness... it's too strong. I can't stay. I can't be with you."

Tears streamed down my face as I clung to him, my heart breaking into a million pieces. "No, Keefe. You can't leave me again. We can fight this together. Our love is stronger than any darkness."

But he shook his head, a sense of resignation in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Sophie. I have to go. But remember this – I have loved you for a thousand years, and I'll love you for a thousand more."

And with that, he turned away, disappearing into the night, leaving me standing there, alone once more.

In the days that followed, I wandered through the forest, my heart heavy with grief, my soul aching for the love I had lost. But deep down, I knew that Keefe's words were true. Our love was eternal, transcending time and space, bound by a thread that even the darkness could not sever.

And so, I vowed to wait for him, to hold onto the memories of our love, to keep the flame alive until the day when we would be reunited once more. For in my heart, I knew that our love was a force of nature, a bond that could withstand any trial, any hardship.

And as I stood under the ancient oak tree, its branches reaching towards the sky like a beacon of hope, I whispered into the wind, my voice filled with a determination born of love. "Keefe, wherever you are, know this – I have loved you for a thousand years, and I'll love you for a thousand more." 

----------------------------------------------------

Keep Being Cool

-KotLC183