-I Thought I Lost You-

Keefe's POV: 

It felt like the world had shattered into a million pieces that day. The day I thought I lost Foster forever. The day the battle with the Neverseen turned my life upside down. The echoes of chaos still reverberated in my mind as I navigated the wreckage strewn across the battlefield. Smoke curled into the sky, a grim reminder of the destruction that had unfolded here.

My heart raced as I searched desperately for any sign of her, my Sophie. The girl who had captured my heart with her bravery and kindness. The girl who had made me believe in a better future, even in the darkest of times. But now, she was gone. Taken from me by the cruel hand of fate.

Every step felt like a lead weight dragging me down, the weight of uncertainty pressing down upon my chest. I wanted to scream her name into the void, to let the world know that she was everything to me. But the words caught in my throat, choked by the overwhelming grief that threatened to consume me.

And then, a glimmer of hope pierced through the darkness. A flicker of movement caught my eye, drawing me towards a fallen figure in the distance. My heart leaped with a surge of adrenaline as I raced towards her, my mind unable to comprehend the reality of what I was seeing.

There she was, crumpled on the ground like a broken doll, her face pale and her body battered. But she was alive. Sophie was alive. The world around me seemed to fade into the background as I dropped to my knees beside her, gathering her into my arms with a fierce protectiveness that bordered on desperation.

"Foster," I whispered, my voice raw with emotion. "You're here. You're alive."

Her eyes fluttered open, a shadow of uncertainty clouding their depths before recognition sparked in their depths. "Keefe?" she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper.

I crushed her against my chest, unable to contain the rush of relief that flooded through me. "I thought I lost you," I confessed, my voice cracking with the weight of my emotions.

Her hand reached up to cup my cheek, her touch grounding me in the reality of her presence. "You didn't lose me, Keefe. I'm here. I'm alive," she reassured me, her gaze unwavering.

And in that moment, everything else faded away. The battle, the chaos, the uncertainty of the future. All that mattered was the girl in my arms, the girl who had fought alongside me with unwavering courage and unwavering love.

We stayed like that for what felt like an eternity, locked in an embrace that transcended words. The world around us slowly came back into focus, the sounds of distant shouts and clashing metal reminding us of the danger that still lurked in the shadows.

But for now, in this moment of quiet solace, all that mattered was us. Sophie and Keefe, together against the odds. Our love a beacon of light in the darkness that threatened to consume us.

As we rose to our feet, a new determination settled in my chest. We had survived the battle, but the war was far from over. And as long as we had each other, I knew we could face whatever challenges lay ahead.

Hand in hand, we faced the uncertain future with a newfound strength, our bond unbreakable and our hearts united. Sophie and Keefe, against the world. And together, we would overcome. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Keep Being Cool

-KotLC183