-Breathe For Me-

Sophie's POV: 

As I scrubbed the kitchen sink, the sharp tang of lemons swirling in the air, a sudden wave of dizziness washed over me. My hands trembled, dropping the sponge with a soft thud against the porcelain. Panic tightened its grip around my chest, squeezing out the air in my lungs. I gasped, struggling to breathe, as my vision blurred and my heart raced like a wild stallion.

Just as I felt the walls closing in on me, the doorbell rang. Startled, I stumbled to the front door, my head spinning. Keefe's familiar scent—a blend of pine and amber—wafted into the house as he stood on the doorstep, a warm smile playing on his lips. "Hey, Sophie," he greeted me, his eyes scanning my face with concern. "I brought you a little something." He held out a small box of my favorite macarons, the delicate pastel colors a stark contrast to the chaos brewing inside me.

I tried to force a smile, but the panic clawed at my throat, rendering me speechless. Keefe's brows furrowed in alarm as he took in my pale face and trembling hands. Without a word, he stepped inside, gently guiding me to the sofa. As I sank into the plush cushions, he knelt in front of me, his gaze unwavering. "Sophie, look at me," he urged, his voice soft but firm. "Focus on my voice. Inhale slowly through your nose, exhale through your mouth."

I clung to his words like a lifeline, desperately trying to steady my ragged breaths. Keefe's steady presence grounded me, his warm hand enveloping mine in a silent promise of support. "That's it, sweetheart," he murmured, his eyes never leaving mine. "You're safe with me. I'm here."

As his reassuring words washed over me, the storm inside began to dissipate, leaving behind a sense of fragile calm. I closed my eyes, letting Keefe's steady rhythm guide me back from the edge of panic. When I finally dared to meet his gaze again, gratitude flooded my heart, threatening to spill over.

"Thank you," I whispered, my voice barely a breath. Keefe's smile softened, a look of tenderness in his eyes that made my heart ache with longing. Without a word, he pulled me into a warm embrace, holding me close as if shielding me from the world's chaos.

In that moment, wrapped in his arms, I felt an overwhelming rush of emotions swirling inside me—gratitude, love, fear, vulnerability. I buried my face in the crook of his neck, inhaling the comforting scent of his skin, letting myself be enveloped by his warmth. Keefe's arms tightened around me, a silent reassurance that I wasn't alone in the darkness.

After what felt like an eternity, the tension slowly ebbed away, leaving behind a fragile peace. I lifted my head, meeting Keefe's gaze with a mixture of awe and gratitude. "I don't know what I would do without you," I confessed, my voice tinged with emotion. Keefe's eyes softened, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"You'll never have to find out," he vowed, his voice a whisper against my ear. "I'll always be here for you, Sophie. Always."

As the weight of his words settled in my heart, a warmth bloomed inside me, pushing back the shadows of doubt and fear. Keefe's unwavering presence was a beacon of light in the darkness, a reminder that I was never truly alone. With him by my side, I knew I could weather any storm, no matter how fierce.

And as the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the room, I found solace in the embrace of the man who had become my anchor in a sea of uncertainty.

Together, we faced the darkness, hand in hand, hearts entwined in a bond stronger than any fear. And in that moment, as the world outside faded into a hazy blur, I knew with certainty that love, pure and unyielding, was the light that would guide us through the darkest nights. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Keep Being Cool

-KotLC183