Prologue: Looking Back

POV: Nagisa Shiota

It was a sunny day with not a single cloud in sight.

And just as the cherry blossoms were starting to fall and turning into leaves, I, Nagisa Shiota, was standing at a bus stop to wait for the bus and head to our high school, along with my girlfriend, Kaede Kayano, and my best friend, Karma Akabane.

Looking back, a lot has happened over the past year.

Around this time last year, a mysterious yellow octopus creature suddenly appeared and said he would be our homeroom teacher, and Karasuma-sensei (at the time I thought he was from the country) shocked me by offering him 10 billion yen if he could assassinate this creature. Something was said to me.

However, when we met this mysterious creature, Koro-sensei, our lives as students of Class E changed dramatically. Up until now, all I had to do in my life was listen to what my psycho mother said.

But when Sensei told me "Nagisa-kun, your life is yours. It's not a tool to hide your complex." I felt like the first cycle of my life had begun. After that, there was an argument that my mother was going to burn down the school, but in the end she was arrested, and I finally escaped from her grasp.

After that, Koro-sensei helped me in many ways. That's why I didn't want to kill him. After I assassinated Sensei with a knife, I couldn't stop crying. However, when I woke up, the clear sky seemed like Koro-sensei was blessing me with a new beginning. That's why I vowed to myself that I would do my best.

And now, we are starting a new journey at our school, the Advanced Nurturing High School. Of course, this wasn't the school we chose, as Koro-sensei recommended this school. We decided to attend there not only because of its college rate and work rate, but we were also given a mission to do at there (courtesy of Karasuma-sensei).

Come to think of it, it was Koro-sensei who recommended this school...

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

"So, Koro-sensei..." Karma asked "What do you want with the three of us?"

It was on that day, me, Karma, and Kaede were inside our classroom with our teacher, Koro-sensei. The reason is that he wanted to have a conversation with us.

"I just want to ask you three about the career you choose." He replied "Nagisa-kun, Karma-kun, Kayano-san, have you three decided which high school you want to attend?"

Koro-sensei asked me about my career path with a smile as usual.

"I'm mainly thinking about Keisetsu University High School."

I also wanted to fulfill my father's wishes, so I told the school of my choice which university my father was affiliated with.

"As for me, I choose to study at Kunugigaoka High School."

Karma exclaimed, it seemed like he decided to choose that place so that he could compete with Asano-kun.

"I don't want to return to my acting career yet, so I might go to the same school as Nagisa." Kaede told him with a small smile on her face.

Stop being cute and adorable, Kaede!!! You were making me blush!!

"I see... You three have chosen your own school. If that's the case, why not consider this high school as an option?"

Koro-sensei said so and handed me a pamphlet. When I looked at it, I saw that it said Advanced Training High School.

"Sensei, this is...!"

When Kaede said that in a panic, Koro-sensei grinned.

"Yes, this is the high school you are thinking of, Kayano-san. It is the Advanced Nurturing High School, one of the best school in the country, created by the Japanese government to develop human resources who will support the future. And it is also famous as a school that almost 100% meets your desired entrance and job prospects."

"From what I heard about that school, they have 99.9% college rate and for jobs as well. You can get any job you want if you graduate there." Karma said as he yawned.

"Indeed, Karma-kun. This school gives an incredibly high percentage of college and work rate. With this, I think you three would be most likely successful in your futures."

"But, teacher, this is a school where very talented students gather. I wonder if we can go there?" I asked, feeling anxious.

"Nagisa-kun, you shouldn't say anything like that. And it's okay. You can apply for both, so why don't you make it your first choice for now?"

It was recommended to me in a way that made me feel half reluctant. When I told my father about this, he agreed, and even encouraged me to pass the entrance exam.

Then, on the day the results were announced, I couldn't even imagine that I would pass, so I was so happy that I couldn't help but hug my dad.

When I headed to school and reported to Koro-sensei, he can't help but smile when he said "Congratulations. However, unless you assassinate me or help me, you won't be able to have a successful high school life."

Hearing that made me just want to stab him with my anti-sensei knife.

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

"Nagisa-kun." Kaede looked at me "What are you thinking about?"

"Oh... It's just..." I told my girlfriend "I'm just thinking about the time we spent in Class E, how far we came here, and Koro-sensei..."

"I thought so..." Karma patted my shoulder "But don't worry, Nagisa, you still have us."

"And I'm pretty sure that octopus and Yukimura-sensei are proud of us and still watching over us."

Hearing that made me smile a little.

"You were right." I replied back before seeing the bus coming here "Oh, the bus is coming."

"Right." Karma looked at me and Kaede "Are you two ready for this, Nagisa, Kaede?"

"Ready!/Yes!"

"Then let's go."

When the bus came, we were ready and quickly entered the bus.

And thus, began our new journey in a different environment, one of elites far more superior than the elites we already have.

Do you watch this, Koro-sensei? Are you and Yukimura-sensei still watching over us?

We are sad that we won't be able to go back to the old campus to visit you two for three years, but we will work hard to achieve our dreams.

So please, Sensei, watch over us too.

07/11/2023