Volume 1 - Chapter 1: First Day

POV: Karma Akabane

After entering the bus, we were able to get seats before the bus got too full. Fortunately, we found some available seats. I took the window seat while Nagisa and Kaede took the two seats behind mine.

While riding on the bus, I looked at the window, seeing the scene outside the bus. The weather was fine today, and not a single cloud in the sky. The scene was so refreshing that I really wanted to fall asleep right now.

"Oh, you are going to sleep after seeing the scene through the window?"

I was asked suddenly, and the one asked me was a beautiful girl who looks like in the same age as me and my friends. She had short light pink hair, wearing earrings, and blue eyes like Nagisa. But the difference is this girl's eyes were ocean blue, while Nagisa's were azure blue. She was wearing the same uniform as us, the ANHS uniform.

After observing her, I answered her question.

"Indeed. The scene outside is beautiful. It makes me want to go to sleep right now."

"Oh my." She giggled "You really admire this scene, huh?"

"Not everyday you see the beautiful scene like this, girl. Honestly, I haven't seen this wonderful scene since my last year at Junior High."

"Oh, then you must be one of us then. I see you are wearing the same uniform as me."

"Indeed." I said "Karma Akabane, Class 1-D. Nice to meet you"

"Oh my, seems like we are in the same class." She exclaimed "Ichika Nakano, Class 1-D. Nice to meet you too."

"Likewise, Nakano-san." I said.

It was just the first day, and I had met a future classmate in the form of Nakano-san. She seemed beautiful, and looked like a model or famous actress.

If Kaede saw her, I wonder what would be her reactions. Considering that Nakano-san has big breasts, Kaede would be so jealous about this.

Hehe...

Speaking of her, she and Nagisa were sleeping together. They looked like a cute couple, which I secretly took some pictures of them.

Looks like I have some teasing materials.

"Wouldn't they get angry at you if you secretly took photos of them?" Nakano-san questioned me with a curious look "Why did you do that?"

"Oh, don't worry." I nonchalantly smiled "You see, those two behind us are my best friends, and I took photos so that I could tease them whenever I want."

"I see... So-"

"Excuse me, but shouldn't you offer up your seat?"

Our conversation was interrupted by the commotion started somewhere not too far from us. A middle-aged lady appeared to be an office worker was scolding a young, well-built blonde guy of high school age sitting in one of the priority seats. And standing next to him was an elderly woman wobbling so badly that she was on the verge of falling. Judging by the scene, it seemed like the office lady wanted the young man to offer up his seat.

"Hey, you there. Can't you see that this elderly woman is having trouble?"

Her voice carried quite well throughout the quiet bus, attracting several people's attention, including me.

"That's really a crazy question, lady." The guy grinned boardly and crossed his legs "Why should I offer up my seat? There's no reason for me to do so."

I wondered if that guy was angry, unobservant, or just painfully honest.

"Why should you? You're sitting in a priority seat. It's natural to offer up those seats to the elderly."