Volume 2 - Chapter 2: Making Small Steps

POV: Karma Akabane

"What am I going to do without any more points...?"

"I used up the remainder of my points yesterday..."

"They lured us with 100,000 points..."

"How can we live for a month without points to buy anything...?"

After Chabashira-sensei left, the whole classroom was in a crisis, an uproar.

Heh... Somehow, I was amused by seeing those guys panicked.

"Wait, does that mean we won't be able to go to a college we want to go to? Then why did I come to this school in this first place? I wonder if Sae-chan-sensei hates me..."

None of the students can hide their confusion.

"People, people,..." Nagisa decided to take control of the class, trying to calm down the sense of impending crisis "I understand that everyone is panicking right now, but calm the hell down for a moment and listen to me, please."

My best friend had attracted everyone's attention when he stood at the teacher's podium.

"What is that, Shiota-san?" And just like we had planned before, Yotsuba-san asked him. 

"You guys saw that earlier: We didn't get any points this month. This is a serious problem and one that will have an enormous impact on our daily lives moving forward. We can't make it to graduation with zero points, right?"

"You're right!" Shouted one of the female students from Hirata-kun's group, her voice was full of despair, which Nagisa gave a kind nod in response, empathizing with her.

"Of course. Therefore, we must earn points next month. To do that, we all need to cooperate and stop all of your stupid behaviors. So, please, take care not to be late to class or to talk during the lecture. Also, the use of cell phones during class is prohibited obviously."

"Huh? Why do you tell us what to do? You are not our boss, Shiota. Besides, that's supposing our points will increase. If they don't change at all, then it's useless." Grumbled Ike.

"As long as we continue talking during class and being late, our points won't increase for sure. Although we can't go below zero points, disruption will, without a doubt, count as strikes against us." Explained Itsuki-san "Do you guys want to receive some points or not?"

"I'm still not convinced. Besides, even if we get serious and work hard in class, our points won't necessarily go up." Miyamoto snorted.

Kaede took notice of this and commented on it.

"Didn't the school say that not being late and not talking during class should be an obvious mentality? Didn't you learn this since elementary school and junior high?"

"I agree with Kayano-san. It's only natural to avoid doing those things." Agreed Yotsuba-san.

"That's just your selfish interpretation. Besides, you don't know how to increase our points. Try talking to me, the great Yamauchi after you people figure that out." Said Yamauchi the idiot. Oh god, can someone make him stop? Just hearing that guy rant makes me sick.

"Huh? The great my ass." Retorted Nino-san "You behave well first. You always slept during class and reading dirty porn magazines. If there is a main problem in this class, you are."

Hearing that made Yamauchi glared at Nino-san, but she was unfazed.

As if not standing of being insulted and roasted anymore, Yamauchi left the class.

Nagisa then stepped down the podium and asked.

"By the way, I'd like to discuss about this matter with some people in this afternoon, after class." Said him "Yukimura-kun, Matsushita-san, Itsuki-san, Ayanokouji-kun, would you like to join me?"