Volume 1 - Chapter 6: Normal Days at School

POV: Nagisa Shiota

The next day, me and Kaede woke up early in order to do early morning workout, along with Karma. Even though we were trained as assassins by Koro-sensei and Karasuma-sensei when we were in Class E, we still did morning exercises, to improve and sharpen our skills, as well as keep our bodies still healthy.

Coincidentally, we met the Nakano Quints, with only Yotsuba-san still being energetic. The rest of them were quite sleepy, especially Ichika-san who was still sleepwalking.

"Oh, good morning, Shiota-san, Kayano-san, Akabane-san!" She greeted us.

"Morning, Yotsuba-san." I greeted back "Are you five here to work out?"

"Oh, yes. I came here to jog with my sisters. Want to join us?"

"Sure, why not?" Karma replied.

We then joined the quints and started to jog 5 laps. After 5 laps, the three of us and Yotsuba-san were quite active while the rest of them, were exhausted, especially Miku-san who seems dehydrated. 

"Miku-san, are you alright?" Kaede asked worriedly.

"Y-Yes." She said while panting hard "I just need... Water."

"Here." Kaede handed her a water bottle "Drink after your breathing gets stabilized."

"Th-Thank you..." The brunette girl then drank the bottle. After a minute, she answered "Now I'm fine, thanks Kayano."

"You're welcome."

"You guys are very athletic, Akabane-san, Shiota-san, Kayano-san." She pointed to the three of us "You didn't even have to take a breather even after 5 laps in a one km track."

Well, what can we say? We were trained as assassins since the third year of Junior High...

But we won't answer that... Never...

"Well, we usually do exercises like this every morning." I replied "But you seems quite athletic too."

"Hehe, I'm good at sports, you see..." She smiled "Anyway, can I have a race with you, Shiota-san?"

Ohhh, a race... Seems interesting... This could be an opportunity for us to see the full extent of Yotsuba's physical prowess.

"Sounds good to me. I accept."

We then went towards the starting line and prepare ourselves.

"One lap around the track, the first one to complete the lap around the track wins. Do you agree?" She asked.

"I agree with that."

"You must know this, Shiota-san. I am very confident in my athletic skills. I won't lose. MUAHAHAHA!!!" She laughed.

"Why is Yotsuba laughing like a villain?" Nino-san asked while being dumbfounded.

"This could be interesting..." Ichika-san and Karma said at the same time.

"I think Yotsuba-san had made a wrong choice..." Kaede said.

She was right, her mistake was that she was too confident in herself...

What she doesn't know is that I'm going to win and defeat her...

Even though she has high physical ability that even surpasses some males...

Even though my physical ability isn't as good as Karma or Karasuma-sensei...

I believed that, with my skills, I could surpass her...

"Okay, you two." Itsuki said "Ready... Get set... Go!!"

With Itsuki-san's words rang out, we then ran off, with Yotsuba-san leading first. Seems like she decided to conserve her energy instead of wasting her energy unnecessarily at the start. Brilliant move I should say.