Volume 1 - Chapter 2: Welcome to Class D (Part 1)

POV: Nagisa Shiota

I hated to say that, but I disliked the entrance ceremony, because it was so boring. And I think many students would probably feel the same. 

Basically, the principal and the students just exchanged excessive words of gratitude, there was far too much time spent standing in lines, and with so many irritating things to deal with, it all felt like a really huge pain in the butt.

But those weren't my only complaints.

You see, the entrance ceremonies for elementary school, junior high, high school, and even college, they all mean the same thing: The start of another major trial for children.

In order for students to enjoy their time at school, they must make friends, and there are only a few key days after the entrance ceremony to probably do that. Failure to do so signals the beginning of a rather tragic three years.

Oh my god, I really felt my way of thinking now, was similar to Karma's.

Currently, me, Karma, and Kaede were walking through the hallway, and I noticed that there were many surveillance cameras at there.

"Karma, Kaede, don't you two think it is weird to have so many surveillance cameras in this school?"

"I noticed them too. Weird... Is it really necessary to have so many cameras in this school?"

"I really have a bad feeling about this..."

Like Kaede said, I also had a really bad feeling about this too.

Was it really necessary to have so many cameras in this school?

"Hey don't worry, you two." Karma smiled mischievously "I'll see if I can hack it when I get back to the dormitory. I need to get the toy soon."

"Huh..." Me and my girlfriend sighed. After all, it was the same old Karma, the devilish demon.

And just like that, the three of us talked about various things until we reached a place where there was a bulletin board for class divisions.

"There are so many people gathering at there." Kaede said.

"Nagisa, please take a look at all three of us." Karma asked me.

"Okay, wait a minute." I nodded.

I looked the bulletin board in order starting from Class A until I could see them, but I couldn't find any names. I felt strangely anxious because there were no names for three people, but luckily, there were three people in Class D. I was relieved to see our names. I was also worried that I might end up in Class E, but I'm glad my fears turned out to be unfounded as there wasn't Class E in this school.

I checked the Class D roster, and found out the name of the boy we met earlier before, Kiyotaka Ayanokouji. Seems like all four of us were in the same class.

Another interesting thing I found out was there were five girls having the same surname "Nakano" in our class. I wondered if these five people were sisters or not.

Well, once we meet in class, my question shall be answered.

"I found it. All three of us were in Class D."

"I see. It feels kind of safe."

With this, we headed to our assigned class, Class D.

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

When you enter the classroom, you can see that there are seats for 40 people in 8 rows and 5 columns. Each seat has a name plate, and it seems like there is a system to find your seat from there.