Volume 1 - Chapter 3: Welcome to Class D (Part 2)

POV: Kaede Kayano

"Everyone, can you please listen to me for a moment?"

A male student with the air of an upstanding young man quickly raised his hand. His hair wasn't dyed. He looked like an honors student. Based on his appearance, I got the impression he wasn't a delinquent. This guy reminded me of Isogai-kun, our former class monitor, and our ikemen.

"Starting today, we're all going to be classmates. Therefore, I think it'd be good for us to introduce ourselves and become friends as soon as possible. We still have some time until the entrance ceremony. What do you say?"

"Agreed! After all, we still don't know a thing about each other, not even our names." Someone shouted in support. It came from a blonde girl who tied her hair in a ponytail and looked like a typical gyaru.

"I will introduce my self first. My name is Yousuke Hirata. Back in junior high, lots of people called me Yousuke. Feel free to use my first name! I guess my hobby is sports in general, but I especially like soccer. I'm planning on playing soccer here, too. Nice to meet you"

Hirata had effortlessly introduced himself to the class. He seemed exceptionally brave. And he'd talked about his love for soccer, too. His level of popularity must've increased two, no, maybe four times.

His ikemen level was almost the same as Isogai-kun's.

No wonder why the girl seated next to Hirata had hearts in her eyes, he was really like an ikemen. If someone like him became our class's linchpin, I wondered if he'd keep everyone honest and motivated until graduation.

But something was wrong. As an actress, I could see through that Hirata was hiding something. Although his cheerful personality is real, but there is something else inside him. What is that?

"Well, if that was satisfactory... then, can we start self introductions from thebeginning?"

Being smooth to the very end, Hirata asked for confirmation.

Although the first girl was perplexed and nervous, she soon made up her mind and stood up.

In other words, she was flustered by Hirata's words.

Girl, I know your feelings...

"M-My name i-is Inogashira K-ko-"

As she tried to introduce herself, her words stopped in her mouth. Whether her mind went blank or she couldn't collect her thoughts fully, she was unable to speak clearly. When words no longer came out, her face became pale in embarrassment. It's rare seeing someone get so nervous.

"Do your best~"

"It's okay if you don't rush."

Those kind words came from a classmate. But classmate-san, that was a bad move right there. Saying that just only made her more nervous than before

As expected, those words soon backfired, and the words stuck in her throat disappeared. The silence continued for 5 seconds, then 10 seconds. The pressure was palpable.

Small giggles came from some of the girls in the classroom, which weren't helping this scene better than before.

She was now basically paralyzed in fear, nervous, worry, and anxious.

I decided to speak up.

"Doing it slowly is fine, don't rush through it."

Although my words were similar to "Do your best~" and "It's ok if you don't rush", the meaning of my words held was completely different.

You see, you have to understand people's feeling. That's a basic skill to communicate to someone.

To the nervous girl, words from those classmates seemed a bit forceful.