Volume 2 - Chapter 3: Secret Conversation

POV: Karma Akabane

"And that is what happened to us..." Said Itsuki-san.

During lunch break, the group of me, Nagisa, Kaede, Ayano-kun, and the Nakano Quints were eating lunch together.

Before lunch, Nagisa and Itsuki-san were called by Horikita, who demanded them to tell her about their thoughts on the S-System. The conversation went wrong later, with Horikita throwing a tantrum and saying she is more superior than us. The segment ended up with Horikita attempting to attack Nagisa, but he countered her attack and warned her.

"How dare she?!" Nino-san said angrily "I won't forgive her after this!"

"Nino, don't fight with her. It will create more problems. Just calm down." Ayano-kun said.

"She tried to attack them, Ayanokouji!" Retorted Nino-san "They didn't do nothing wrong! And you expect me to calm down after this?! Never!"

"Relax, Nino-san..." Nagisa assured her "Beside, we get the upper hand against that bitch, so she won't try to attack us again."

"Plus, if you try to attack her, you would be in a bad disadvantage, so don't reckless." Said Kaede.

Haiz... That girl... Who the hell does she think she is?

More superior than us? Than me, huh? Hah! Over my dead body, she isn't better than me, and never will be.

We continued eating lunch until...

"Kiyotaka Ayanokouji-kun from first year Class D, Chabashira-sensei is calling for you. Please come to the staff room. I repeat-"

What now?

Why is Ayano-kun called?

"Ayanokoji-kun, why are they calling you?" Asked Itsuki-san. 

"I don't know." Said Ayano-kun "I'll better get going then."

What does Chabashira-sensei want with Ayano-kun this time?

I have a bad feeling about this, so I decided to do this.

"Ayano-kun, wait!" I said "Let me come with you, then."

"Why?" Asked him "You weren't called to the staff room-"

"Just let me come with you, okay?" I insisted "Maybe I could help you."

Ayano-kun went silent for a few seconds then answered.

"Fine. But don't cause trouble."

What?! You expected me to cause trouble?! Do you have little faith at me that much?!

"Okay, then let's go, then."

We then left the cafeteria, while our group of friends looking at us in confusion.

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

We reached the staff room and opened the door. Looking around the room, we didn't see Chabashira-sensei anywhere. Is this perhaps some kind of prank? A sick joke, perhap?

Then Ayano-kun called out to the teacher that was checking their own face in the mirror.

"Um, excuse me, sensei. Did Chabashira-sensei here?"

"What? Sae-chan? She was here until a few moments ago..."

The teacher who looked back had wavy, shoulder-length hair that gave off an adult-like impression. She said Chabashira-sensei's name as if they were close. They also look close in age. But why does this teacher give me a weird vibe?