A Teenage Love Affair: Chapter 26- Speak Now

So barely two months had passed now since Marky and I got married. I apologize now to you reader, if ever you were expecting an excited protagonist to tell you how happy she was on her wedding day but I was the opposite. I couldn’t give you that kind of introduction. I believe that after the wedding was the start of my heart tormenting life while I start to listen to songs like “though the feeling hasn’t passed, sad to say our love didn’t last”— totally heart wrenching songs like that. Wow I’m so emo lately! (.___.)

Well. Sorry for the (too much) drama I was implying on to you.

But just to justify this chapter. I wore a pink dress. Not because I don’t feel so pure anymore but because I kind of want to be in pink on my own wedding day. Marky was on his gray tux and newly cut hair that gave him a masculine look. And although our colors didn’t mix very well on the altar, the celebration still went through as it was planned. (Though I will tell you that we didn’t share a kiss on our wedding—just a quick awkward peck on the cheek) We didn’t invite friends—only some close relatives that would understand the real deal behind it. And I think it would be better that way.

And so… to move on with my newly married life. Well… there’s nothing much to tell. Just a series of normal days only that I spend it now with Marky in a condominium that was a wedding gift from his father. But we treat each other at home like we treat each other in school. Not-really-talking-to-each-other basis. Just like strangers living under the same roof. We both agreed to live normally like we didn’t get married. But seeing him everyday makes it a little bit of hard and awkward. I see him make breakfast, brush his teeth, watch TV which I wasn’t accustomed to. And although we may not be as obvious as husband and wife in school yet, my growing tummy is making a big revelation to the public.

In our condominium, we both have our separate rooms so that we could mind our own business.  But at times I do admit, I sneak out and try to peek at what Marky’s doing. We do talk at home but only during meal times or to check me and the baby. I want to have a conversation with him but when I try I always end up screwing and I feel ashamed of myself. I don’t know how to start a cool convo with him. And now I regret I didn’t even try when I have the chance. I think the last time we really had a real conversation was the first night we had together. You know… as husband and wife. But don’t think too green about it.

I was sitting at the kitchen with a cup of hot chocolate in hand when Marky went in to join me.

“Can’t sleep?” he asks and he sits down beside me. I felt suddenly so conscious around him. I pursed my lips and shook my head. That would be safe in case I’ve forgotten to brush my teeth. Did I? (T.T)

“You should try and get some sleep. It’s not good for the baby to stay up too late and tire yourself.”

I sighed. “Sorry. Sometimes I forget that I am in charge of another life.” my lack of responsibility made me smile.

“You think we could make this through?” he asks out of nowhere that it made me feel dizzy.

“Make through what?” I asked.

“You know… have you ever thought of making this work? Us work?” he looks at me as if he’s scared to hear my answer.

“I don’t know. What do you think?”

“That’s why I’m asking you.”

I snickered. “Don’t ask me. I don’t have the same IQ as yours. I’ll only give you a complicated answer.”

He frowns. “Just because you think I’m a genius doesn’t mean I know all the answers.”

I laughed. “Right. Geeks are stupid in love.”