A Teenage Love Affair: Chapter 30- Not Broken, Just Bent

OKAY!!!!  But huwaaaaaiiiiit! Another spoiler on the sides. The FIRST to Guess WHO it is and this chapter will be dedicated to you. Happy reading!!! =)

Did you know that the rainbow does not really posses a total of seven colors? It actually depends on the one looking at it. The number of things that a person believes exists—is the total number of colors that a bow possesses.

I woke up the next day dreaming of that rainbow and feeling those three words hanging on my ear like a dangling earring. Those three words composed of eight letters that have seem to fill in my crying night with unspoken tears from my eyes and yet it floated so lightly in the air.

I didn’t expect Marky to be at home for the next 24 hrs. He’s just like that—running like a loose coward. But then he was there. He’s sitting in his chair in the dining area. He stayed. Maybe what happened yesterday gave him a kick in the gut and made him realize things. He was looking at me. Watching me as I made my way inside the kitchen. I looked at the table to see my breakfast waiting for me.

“I’m not hungry.” I told him but I was talking to my plate.

He looks at me blankly. “You’re drunk last night. At least eat something. You haven’t eaten anything since last night.”

He’s sounds worried but I can’t bring myself to care anymore. So I picked at my food and started to feed myself some.

“Just because I was drunk last might doesn’t mean I don’t remember everything that had happened.” I said without looking up to meet his gaze. But I know he’s looking at me. I feel so sick right now.

“Is the driver waiting for me?” I forced myself to look up and face him.

He blinked several times. “You don’t need the driver.” He looks down at his food. “You’re going to school with me.”

I sighed heavily as I place my used napkin on the table. I then took my bag from the counter and I started towards the door.

“I said: you’re going to school with Me.” he repeats.

“I heard you. That’s why I’m taking a cab to school.” I retorted without turning to face him.

He sighed loudly. But I was already out of the house before he forces me to go with him.

                                                                                ***

I know that if it were a race to school, Marky would still win—even to this. Aside from the fact that he drives fast, the driver of the taxi cab is making it so obvious that he’s slowing down to raise my taxi fair. But nevertheless, even if I had avoided him from the go-to-school-together thing, he is still keeping a watchful eye on me. It is starting to annoy (freak) me actually.

“Hey,” Sydney caught up with me immediately at school.

“Hi.” (T.T)

“So… you’ve been crying last night.”

I frowned. “Wow. That’s quite an observation, Syd. But no, I wasn’t.”

He scoffs and snickers. “Sorry. But have you seen yourself in the mirror? You look like a zombie.”

I laughed a little. “Well, I’ll take that as a compliment.” And then I gave up. “We had a fight last night.”

“I know that’ll happen.” He says with a smile.

“At least try not to be so obvious that you’re not our biggest fan.” I glared at him.

“I can’t believe you gave in to him.”