A Teenage Love Affair: Chapter 46- Reaching Out

By the end of school, I found Marky waiting for me outside my department’s building. A smile was drawn on his face. I know that it had been hard for him to see Dee; still I am grateful for the effort he gives not to show his worry over the matter.

As promised every Friday nights I’d stay at Marky’s apartment to spend time with him and Margaux. At least this week could end a good one with a complete and happy family.

I kissed Margaux’s cheek as she giggles in my arms. It still fascinates me how your offspring could look exactly like you. Not to mention she already has two front teeth.

“Go kiss daddy!” I handed her to Marky who has a sarcastic smile playing on his face.

“Just tell me if you wanted a kiss yourself.” He says. “Don’t relay it to Margaux.” He takes Margaux and accepts her kiss.

I poke him hard on his arm and he flinches away laughing.

I looked at Margaux. “Let’s play house, baby.” She claps her hands, and she smiles, her dimples showing. “Yeah, you like that?” she bounces in Marky’s hold.

“So what’ll be your role?” Marky asks.

“I will be the mommy,” I turned to Marky. “And you can be the door.”

“Why the door?”

“So that I could shut you all day long.”

Marky covers Margaux’s ears. “That’s okay, baby, mommy’s just joking.”

I laughed and I grab hold of Margaux’s hands, making her stand on the carpeted floor. “She’s seven months already.” I whined. “I don’t want her to grow up yet.”

Marky snickers. “You’re all too weird.”

I wrinkled my nose at him. “And yet you love me.”

He leans in to kiss me and I wrapped my arm around his neck to pull him closer. My back was already hitting the edge of the sofa when I realized that Margaux was already crawling away. I pulled away from Marky and I ran for Margaux. Marky sighs when I returned with her.

“She’s making it clear she doesn’t want siblings.” I told Marky.

“Yet.” He adds and I shook my head.

I pulled Margaux in my arms as she starts to drowse off and I lay her head on my chest. I leaned on the edge of the sofa for support.

“Maybe we should tuck her to bed.” Marky suggests.

I brush Margaux’s back with my hand. “Let her stay here for a while.” I leaned my head on hers.

Marky smiles and I look back at him.

“You don’t have to worry about…” he trails off and I know what he was trying to say.

“You’ll tell me when something’s wrong right?”

 He nods. I smiled tiredly. I think I’ll just have to trust him.

He grabs hold of my hand and he intertwined it with his.

“I don’t want to hide anything from you, Dennise. As much as possible I want to be open to you so that you can trust me.”

“I trust you.” I tell him. But I don’t know if I trust myself to carry or to hear about him and Dee.

“You know I have girlfriends right?” he says. “I mean before you or Rein…”

I nodded and he did, awkwardly. “And you should also know that I did have…” he hesitated and I raised my eyebrows at him. “…well, I did have boyfriends.”