36 | 𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕔𝕒 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕔𝕒

i waited for an hour before seeing mrs. becca pulling into the driveway quickly. with a sigh of relief i got up and ran out the front door. i ran up to mrs. becca expecting a hug but she ran right past me and into the house franticly. "becca?!" i say confused and run after her. 

i find her upstairs throwing papers and books and such everywhere in the office. "wha-" i start. "WHERE IS IT!?" mrs. becca screams at me, taking a book and smashing a flower vase with it. i scream and back away, trying not to be the next victim.

"what are you talking about?!" i yell, my eyes getting watery with fear. "MOVE!" she shouts shoving me out of the way to leave the room. i stumble back and trip over a book, falling to the ground. i stand up, feeling a sharp pain in the back of my right thigh. i ignore it, knowing its probably a shard from the shattered vase that i landed on.

i limp out of the room and to the master bedroom, seeing that mrs. becca had flipped the mattress off the bedframe. i hear a loud noise from the closet and slowly approach it. "becca, tell me whats going on." i say nervously. i hear her stomping out of the closet so i run to the other corner of the room. 

"WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THEM?!" she shouts slowly walking towards me. "with what?" i say now breaking down in tears. i've never seen mrs. becca like this. "THE BAGS!" she hisses. "WHAT BAGS?! TELL ME WHATS GOING ON!" im terrified. never in my life have i ever seen someone act like this.

"THE BAGS GODDAMNIT! THE BAGS!" becca screams once more, growing impatient. she charges at me, grabbing the hood of my sweatshirt, choking me as i try to run. i fall to the ground, choughing with one hand holding my throat. becca is full of rage, she reaches for the nightstand. she picks up a lamp that was on the bedside table.

"do what you can to get out of the house." i hear a voice from the earpiece instruct me. "YOU KNOW WHERE THEY ARE!" she says, raising the lamp. i was not about to get hit by that shit, so i follow officer darren's instructions and kick becca in the knee as she falls to the floor and run out of the room. 

i sprint down the stairs, hearing stomping coming from behind me. apparently becca recovered quickly and was coming after me. i make it out the front door just in time for becca to run out and immediately be put in handcuffs, throwing a fit.

i see officer darren, benson, and jess standing nearby as becca gets put into a cop car. i walk up to the officers and say, "thank you." "we do what we can to keep you safe." benson said. "what happened to your leg?" officer jess asks, pointing to my thigh. "oh, right. i think i landed of some shards of a broken vase." i say shrugging. 

"do you know its bleeding all down your leg?" jess asks. "what?" i say with a confused look as i turn to try and see the back on my leg. yup. it sure is bleeding pretty bad. "shit." i say. "here c'mon i'll get you to the ER." jess offers and walks me to her car.

(time skip brought to you by this cat🐈)

after im done getting the shards of glass removed from my leg, i need to get home but i cant drive. so i call jordan to see if see cant pick me up.

(another time skip brought to you by johnathan the penguin🐧)

jordan and i are silent as we pull into the driveway of the house i hate most. she parks the truck and we both sit in silence for a moment. i take a deep breath. "can i stay at your place tonight?" i ask. "of course. whatever you need, you let me know. okay?" she says, placing her hand on mine. "thank you." i say, reaching over and hugging her.

jordan follows me inside to pack all of my things. like, everything. im not coming back to this house. as we walk upstairs to the guest room, we walk past the office. "oh my god..." jordan says, one hand covering her mouth. "is that yours?" she asks, pointing to a trail of dried blood on the floor. "uhh, yeah." i say softly.

after grabbing all of my things, we head back out to the car. i make sure to lock the front door before getting in the truck.  when i put my seatbelt on, i take a deep breath and we drive to jordan's house. i watch the trees pass by as we pull into her neighborhood. its a street of small, yet cozy houses. 

we arrive at jordan's house and head inside. "ma! im home!" jordan yells as she puts her car keys on a table. "hey hon." jordans mother comes around the corner from the kitchen, taking off an oven mit and kisses jordan the cheek. "i brought a friend over, hope its ok." jordan explains. "of course! im cheryl." jordans mother turns to me, taking my hand in hers. "im eliana." i introduce myself with a small smile.

"im making tacos for dinner! do you have any allergies?" cheryl asks me. "no ma'am." i respond. "great. you girls go get settled and do... whatever teenagers do these days. i'll call you when dinner is ready." jordan's mother explains to the both of us. "kay. love you!" jordan says before yanking me upstairs. 

"your mom seems really nice."i say jumping on jordans bed. "only when we have guests over." she says rolling her eyes. "oh." "hey, do you wanna take a shower?" jordan asks. "sure." i say and grab my things before hopping in the bathroom.